Try again or sell it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcamel24

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
A few months ago, I built a system using a MSI 880GMA-E45 motherboard and a Phenom II x6 1055t processor. Long story short, I RMA'd the board twice before giving up and buying a Gigabyte board instead. Here's a link to the MSI board:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130276

Now I am trying to decide if I should try to build another system with this board or just try to sell it and cut my losses.

Found someone selling this same board on eBay, and in the description, it said that these boards can support x6 processors, but cannot handle overclocking them.

So I guess my question is, if I buy the processor linked below and try to overclock/unlock cores, do you think I'll run into the same problems?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103817

I figured I could throw together a pretty cheap system with the $20 promo card. That is, unless I have to RMA another board! I'm already into this board $24 for shipping costs, and would hate to have to do it again.

Solution
Selling a motherboard is never an easy process, and you'll be dropping the price to less than half to find a buyer.
Anyway, I can't bring up the link to your board. Also, do you still have the AMD proc, or did you return that with the defective board?

stingstang

Distinguished
May 11, 2009
Selling a motherboard is never an easy process, and you'll be dropping the price to less than half to find a buyer.
Anyway, I can't bring up the link to your board. Also, do you still have the AMD proc, or did you return that with the defective board?

Solution

jcamel24

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2010
I still have the x6 processor in the new Gigabyte board (check my sig).

I figured I wouldn't get much out of that board if I tried to sell it, but don't know if it will hold up if I try to o/c a different processor (looking at Phenom II x2 545).

Status
Not open for further replies.