Sign in with
Your question
Solved

PSU Recommendation's Please

Last response: in Components
June 26, 2010 1:44:37 AM

This PSU was recommended to me as advise on a new build, but after reading some of the reviews on Newegg about some complaints of a bad burning smell, a short life, is there another PSU I should be looking at (I like modular) ? I should add I a novice builder and user and not planning on OC'ing. Here are the links to the PSU and the other components as planned so far if you see anything else here I should be concered please feel free to advise.

More about : psu recommendation

June 26, 2010 1:47:12 AM

Oop's Sorry links didn't work ;(
a c 248 ) Power supply
June 26, 2010 2:04:09 AM

What graphics card do you intend to use? it is normally one of the bigger power users in a system
Related resources
June 26, 2010 2:08:50 AM

hunter315 said:
What graphics card do you intend to use? it is normally one of the bigger power users in a system

Thanks for the reply , think I got the links working ? sorry very new to these forums.
a b ) Power supply
June 26, 2010 2:29:12 AM

yeah the links work fine.
the ocz fatality 550w is a decent power supply. its mildly better than the no-name generic crap, but not by much.
this one is a bit better. not the best quality, but still much better than the ocz.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
a c 248 ) Power supply
June 26, 2010 3:10:09 AM

Its definitely a better pick than the OCZ one, Seasonic makes good units, and their M12 series was the basic design for many higher level modular units.

Best solution

June 26, 2010 5:08:19 AM

Yes go for it, I'd personally pick the 650W Corsair over the 550W if I had the money. With that, you are future proofing because you can later do multi gpu setup(without upgrading again your psu) with powerful cards provided your motherboard supports it.
July 3, 2010 1:25:04 AM

Best answer selected by RandyG.
!