Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Seagate Barracuda

Last response: in Storage
May 25, 2012 5:52:31 PM

Can anybody tell me hows the performance of Seagate Barracuda 1 TB HDD Internal Hard Drive (ST1000DM003). I got some negative reviews on it that it has some problems like:
not recognized by computer....
please reply fast I'm in need of a fast and cheap hdd and I prefer seagate over wd..
thanks in advance

More about : seagate barracuda

a b G Storage
May 25, 2012 6:12:34 PM

Seagate tends to have great products. It is always a possibility that it could fail, but that is the same no matter which brand.
m
l
May 27, 2012 8:16:55 AM

thanks itzdanielp for reply. but my question is that some buyers complained that they need to install seagate s/w of some kind i don't know which to make it able to recognize by the cpu. Is it recommended by seagate or it is for only those who are facing problems????..
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

a b G Storage
May 29, 2012 3:40:14 PM

If it is software, then there is no need to install it. It is usually some sort of backup or drive help utility, and is unnecessary.

However if it is a firmware update, then it should be installed. A lot of people look at firmware updates as "If it's not broke, don't fix it" which is fine, but I tend to run them early, instead of regretting later.
August 25, 2012 1:48:28 AM

Best answer selected by Akash Nain.
m
l
!