How does the Vertex 4 compare with the M4, Chronos, and Samsung 830?

g-unit1111

Titan
It seems like it's a typical OCZ product and I've been reading lots of reviews on it - it seems it either gets really good reviews or really bad ones, and there's like no in between, and the people who give it bad reviews seem to think that OCZ is making its' users beta test the product with all the firmware updates it's been getting. Does anyone here own one? Are the reviews accurate?

Professional reviews indicate that it is fast, user reviews indicate there are problems but bare in mind that people tend to leave reviews more often if they have problems than if they do not. It is pretty much the same story with every sand force SSD on market (except Intel). If you value reliability the most then Intel followed by Samsung then a Marwell based drive like the Crucial M4 is the way to go.

Kamab

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2010

The vertex 4 doesn't have a sandforce controller.

killakiwi

Honorable
Apr 18, 2012
Hi there. I have a Vertex 4 128GB and like the wooly mammoth above, I havent had any issues whatsoever.

Havent downloaded any firmware at all. Purring away nicely....OS, few games and lots of crap I probably dont need on it.

which is good because my HDD just decided to go on holiday(forever)

g-unit1111

Titan

I have an M4 in my work PC and it's great - I've had no issues with it. I'm just looking at all available options - I like my Intel drive but it has not been proven to be the most reliable - it is fast, but definitely not reliable.