MSI Big Bang Marshal P67+Hydra motherboard

Here is an image of teh MSI Big Bang Marshal P67+Hydra motherboard in it's glory with 8... count them 8 PCIe slots!!

Why you need 8 PCIe slots is beyond me, since any GPU worth it's weight is a dual slotted card, so actually, it is a 4-way SLI / Crossfire board IMO.

Here are some of the other features...
a 24-phase DrMOS PWM design
Military Class II components,
two 8-pin CPU power connectors and one 6-pin plug for supplying graphics cards
switches for disabling out PCIe x16 slots
voltage read points
three BIOS's.
OC Genie II one-button overclocking function
four SATA 6.0 Gbps and four SATA 3.0 Gbps ports
eight USB 3.0 connectors
dual Gigabit Ethernet
7.1 channel audio
two eSATA ports
Power, Reset, Clear CMOS and OC buttons
the ClickBIOS (UEFI).

Source: http://semiaccurate.com/2010/12/28/msi-shows-its-big-bang-marshal-board/
6 answers Last reply
More about bang marshal hydra motherboard
  1. Straight up teasing me!!! I am waiting for Sandy Bridge release to buy a motherboard/CPU. Will likely go with the ASUS P67 Deluxe and i7 2600K and every second that goes by is killing me because I have everything else ready to go!

Rig will be as follows:

Cooler Master HAF 922
    Corsair HX 850
    ASUS P67 Deluxe
    Intel i7 2600K
    ASUS GTX 570 X 2
    G.Skill DDR3-1600 4GB CL 7
    Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB
    Crucial 64 GB SSD SATA-6

I will stick with Stock cooling for now until I need better...

Any Idea on what the price will be for the MSI Big Bang Marshal P67+Hydra motherboard?
  2. Sticking with my P45 and going to be plenty happy about it. You power users are just sluts. :P
  3. stingstang said:
    Sticking with my P45 and going to be plenty happy about it. You power users are just sluts. :P

HA! LOL, I am going from ASUS P5Q Pro P45 with Q6600 to Sandy Bridge so i can safely say it is within respectable bounds of a well deserved upgrade. Don't get me wrong, P45 and Core 2 Quad was VERY nice to me but I get the feeling that the setup in my previous post will serve me well for at least 3 years without even the slightest prospect of an upgrade... That is, unless every future game released is using the same engine as Crysis. :sarcastic:

Ps. Who you callin a slut, i prefer whore :kaola:
  4. I think I'll go with the Gigabyte P67 boards but not sure if I want to upgrade from my i5 750+GA-P55A-UD4P It's working fine for me now and the only reason I would upgrade would be to brag
  5. Im going for the MSI mobo since there is a good combo deal
  6. I'm definitely not buying SB now I'm waiting for the LGA 1366 replacement (I'm going to upgrade to a 30'' ultrasharp after I get that board and a screaming graphics card)
Ask a new question

Read More

MSI-Microstar Motherboards