Sign in with
Your question

PC BUILD TO RUN CRYSIS 2XAA MAX SETTINGS FULL RESOLUTION

Last response: in Systems
April 18, 2010 8:16:49 PM

HEY GUYS I JUST WANT A BIT OF HELP PLEASE. IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS I AM LOOKING TO BUY A PC WHICH IS ONLY FOR GAMING!!!!

DOES ANYONE RECOMMEND A GOOD PC WITH MONITOR SPEAKERS AND EVERYTHING ELSE FOR AROUND 1.5K? 1.65 IS THE HIGHEST I CAN GO..............................

I WOULD LIKE A BLING CASE WITH LIGHTS AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO ADD TRIPLE CARDS (DUAL AT THE LEAST)

ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO MASSIVELY OVERCLOCK SO I WILL NEED TO HAVE A GOOD COOLING SYSTEM.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!
a b B Homebuilt system
April 18, 2010 9:03:45 PM

Please Re-type in NON ALL CAPS form. Then we will help you.
April 18, 2010 9:36:11 PM

hey guys I just want a bit of help please. In a couple of weeks I am looking to buy a pc which is only for gaming!

Does anyone recommend a good pc with monitor speakers and everything else for around 1.5k
1.65 is the highest I can go..........

I would like a bling case with lights and maybe the oppurtunity to add triple GPU (future proof) dual cards at the least

Also I would like to massively overclock so I will need to have a good cooling system

Thanks in advance!
Related resources
a b B Homebuilt system
April 18, 2010 10:15:23 PM

Isn't this like your 5th or 6th thread on the same thing? Stick to one thread and post in the format in How to Ask for New Build Advice, and people will be better able to help you out.

At $1.5k, you're going to get the best value for your money with an AMD system.
April 18, 2010 10:27:01 PM

yes it is lol! I thought you had ditched me, my bad!

Below is the correct format:

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: 1 month
BUDGET RANGE: 1200-1650
SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: gaming, movies,music,web,work
PARTS NOT REQUIRED: NONE :( 
PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com (cheapest site please.....)
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: USA
PARTS PREFERENCES: full tower case, Amd (cheaper), duel graphics cards :) 
OVERCLOCKING: yes
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: DUNNO THE DIFFERENCE :) 
MONITOR RESOLUTION: good one which is cheap and cheerful ;) 
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: cool case, duel graphics cards, AMD processors, very good cooling system for oc please

Lets just start form here.
a b B Homebuilt system
April 18, 2010 10:30:28 PM

For 1.5k:

ASUS AM3 EVO

2x 5850 (or 1x for now)

Corsair 750TX

AMD Athlon II X4/X3 AM3

Samsung F3 500GB

HAF 922 or other decent case

Hyper 212+ or Mega

2*2GB DDR3 1600 GSkill Ripjaws

Any decent 22-24" LCD

That should be about $1500.
April 18, 2010 10:44:29 PM

ok I put those all together (along with the dual graphics card) and it came to about 1,400 which is very good.

Are all the parts compatible?

Also please can you check that the processor and mother board work well together as someone said something like the motherboard doesnt work with A3?

Would you recommend adding more ram for gaming?

Is there also a faster processor I could use for like 50 more bucks?
April 18, 2010 10:48:35 PM

Shadow703793 said:
Please Re-type in NON ALL CAPS form. Then we will help you.

you sir are a dildo
April 18, 2010 10:50:12 PM

Here i'm kind of bored at the momment

HD - SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ 1TB 7200 RPM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Case - COOLER MASTER RC-690

GPU - SAPPHIRE 100281-3SR Radeon HD 5870 (any 5870 would do)

If you want to go crossfire later go ahead. That card should be powerful enough.

PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W

Motherboard - ASUS M4A89GTD PRO AM3 AMD 890GX

CPU - AMD Phenom II X4 955

Memory - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600

CD/DVD - LITE-ON Black 24X

LCD - ASUS VH242H

Speakers - Creative Inspire T3130

HSF - XIGMATEK HDT-S1283

Total of $1,440
April 18, 2010 10:50:40 PM

yeah thats what I thought!
April 18, 2010 10:52:46 PM

will look into it thanks!

(you have a lot of time !)
April 18, 2010 10:55:53 PM

Yeah, no problem. You might want to go Dual Monitors
April 18, 2010 10:57:55 PM

yeah I will when i get more cash tnaks.

This can support dual graphicscrads right?
Is the cooling good?
can u upgrade a processor later on in the future?
is there any poin adding more ram at some stage?

thanks so much 4 it ;) 
April 18, 2010 11:04:06 PM

Yeah you can add another 5870 if you like the PSU can easily handle it. I built with that case before its pretty nice and easy. If it gets hot you can get a couple of 120 mm fans. The CPU should be able to be upgraded to a 6 core... NO PROMISES. The 955 should be fine for a while. One thing im not sure of is if the heatsink will over up your ram slots.
a b B Homebuilt system
April 18, 2010 11:09:24 PM

jefw123 said:
yeah I will when i get more cash tnaks.

This can support dual graphicscrads right?
Is the cooling good?
can u upgrade a processor later on in the future?
is there any poin adding more ram at some stage?

thanks so much 4 it ;) 

Yes... The system will support dual GPU's and is upgradeable. The 890GX boards will support the new Phenom II X6 (six cores) when released later this month, which is the upgrade path.

The Dark Knight is a good cooler (running one myself) but I would go with the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus. A little cheaper and provides dual fan support for better cooling.

4GB is plenty for any major system (not using heavy CS5 type activities) and is enough for a gaming build.

Edit: Okay... I missed the previous posts that answered the same question... However, I like how I said it better [:mousemonkey:5]
April 18, 2010 11:49:16 PM

kk thankyou guys!

As I am getting this Pc in a month is it worth going for that new processor or will it be too exspensive?
April 18, 2010 11:53:42 PM

The high end 6 core will be around 300 so it might break your budget depending on other prices.
April 19, 2010 12:04:31 AM

Also this current system which you guys suggested should it be able to do the specifications said in the forum title?
a b B Homebuilt system
April 19, 2010 12:27:16 AM

jefw123 said:
Also this current system which you guys suggested should it be able to do the specifications said in the forum title?

Yes. The build Tipman posted (but amend the Xigmatek or Cooler Master heatsink tecmo mentioned) will meet the specs described in the OP.

As for the AMD 6 cores, they will start at $200 for the lower model and $300 for the unlocked BE version.
April 19, 2010 12:28:04 AM

agreed
April 19, 2010 1:56:41 AM

Is it worth waiting for the 6 core processors as they are relatively cheap?
April 19, 2010 1:58:36 AM

Shadow703793 said:
You sir, is a <explicit>. There is some thing called netiquette.
http://wjh-www.harvard.edu/soc-sci/netiquette.html

And like promised, I did help after OP fixed his post.

netiquette ? you are kidding right ? what was accomplished by rewriting it ?
nothing but appeasing your ego.

sorry no need to continue this
April 19, 2010 2:12:35 AM

also should I bother upgrading my graphics card to 5870 or 5970?

Also will these run on this system specified?
a b B Homebuilt system
April 19, 2010 2:23:11 AM

jefw123 said:
also should I bother upgrading my graphics card to 5870 or 5970?

Also will these run on this system specified?

Yes & Yes... The higher you go on your GPU, the better FPS you will get. If you choose the 5970, just make sure it fits into your case once everything with your build is finalized.
a b B Homebuilt system
April 19, 2010 2:38:00 AM

spentshells said:
netiquette ? you are kidding right ? what was accomplished by rewriting it ?
nothing but appeasing your ego.

sorry no need to continue this

If shadow continues to get to you, do the following...

1) Contact/PM randomizer... shadow was cloned from one of randomizer's rib bones, so he has power over him :) 

2) If that doesn't work, Contact/PM 4ryan6... shadow and 4ryan6 are "best friends" and I know 4ryan6 would probably LOVE working with shadow on this matter :) 

[:mousemonkey:5]

Sorry if only shadow and I get this in this thread but I couldn't resist the comment/feedback :D 

April 19, 2010 2:50:36 AM

tecmo34 said:

1) Contact/PM randomizer... shadow was cloned from one of randomizer's rib bones, so he has power over him :) 

2) If that doesn't work, Contact/PM 4ryan6... shadow and 4ryan6 are "best friends" and I know 4ryan6 would probably LOVE working with shadow on this matter :) 

Sorry if only shadow and I get this in this thread but I couldn't resist the comment/feedback :D 

its no big deal I started being the same way.... no harm no foul language
a b B Homebuilt system
April 19, 2010 3:11:28 AM

spentshells said:
its no big deal I started being the same way.... no harm no foul

With your advatar Shouldn't it be "No Blood No Foul" :D 
a b B Homebuilt system
April 19, 2010 3:35:30 AM

agree with shadow, if a person can't even be bothered to structure their post in a way that isn't frustrating to us, why should we help them?

the OP re posted though, so no troubles. too many of these sorts of posts are popping up though, and they are ruining this forum.

back on topic: tip's build looks very solid. a 850w PSU is probably a little overkill, a 750 would do the job. but i guess if its within budget theres no need not to get an 850.
April 19, 2010 4:46:42 AM

frustrating to us ? please elaborate in what way are capital letters frustrating ??
but I do agree 750

April 19, 2010 5:46:14 PM

Yea the 750 will be okay but if he will go with a 5970 he might want to keep it.
a b B Homebuilt system
April 20, 2010 3:14:58 AM

spentshells said:
frustrating to us ? please elaborate in what way are capital letters frustrating ??
but I do agree 750

YOU ARE ABOSLUTELY CORRECT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH PEOPLE TALKING LIEK THIS IN FACT I TIHNK THEY SHOULD DO IT MORE OFTEN JUST TO CHANGE THINGS UP A BIT THESE FORUMS ARE GETTING A BIT STALE AND WE NEED SOME VARIETY AND I THINK CAPS LOCK MAKES PEOPLE SOUND IMPORTANT SO YES I AM SORRY LETS CONTINUE.

have i conveyed my point? that made me feel dirty...
April 20, 2010 4:52:19 AM

That makes it easier to read for my old man eyes THAT IS WHY I GAME ON A 46" SONY LCD

ultimately cool that he helped in the end but he could have just read it or ignored and truly been to good for the message
a b B Homebuilt system
April 20, 2010 10:11:04 AM

When people type in caps locks it gives the impression they're shouting at you which isn't really nice.

Oh and spentshells, psychological evidence indicates that typing normally like this is easier to read than block capitals, hence why british (and maybe american) road signs are not block capitals).

So if you find block capitals easier to read then... well i don't know really, shoulda gone to specsavers?

Personally i agree with shadows original reply, anyone who doesn't ask for advice properly just gets ignored by me straight off but at least shadow gave the OP a chance to see his mistake and rectify it.
a b B Homebuilt system
April 20, 2010 8:15:44 PM

tecmo34 said:

LMAO
April 27, 2010 2:19:02 AM

Griffolion said:
When people type in caps locks it gives the impression they're shouting at you which isn't really nice.

Oh and spentshells, psychological evidence indicates that typing normally like this is easier to read than block capitals, hence why british (and maybe american) road signs are not block capitals).

So if you find block capitals easier to read then... well i don't know really, shoulda gone to specsavers?

Personally i agree with shadows original reply, anyone who doesn't ask for advice properly just gets ignored by me straight off but at least shadow gave the OP a chance to see his mistake and rectify it.

Stop signs are in capitals.... I assure you of this I can see one from where I'm sitting
I understand it may be considered rude makes sense but perhaps he wrote it that way on accident.
April 27, 2010 3:57:18 AM

spentshells said:
perhaps he wrote it that way on accident.

hahahahaha
!