Toshiba laptop video problems.

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
September 19, 2004 1:20:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.sys.laptops,japan.comp.toshiba (More info?)

Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!

Have you run generic XP Pro successfully? Any chance you can suggest driver
versions.

In fact, I do not have the original restore CD. I purchased this laptop
from ebay based on a listing that quoted having XP and the guy did not send
it, or any software, including the restore CD. I have used the driver from
the toshiba support site that is quoted for my exact model. As well, I have
downloaded every stinking driver I could from the support site to try to
replicate what would be on the restore CD (modem, chipset, touchpad, sound,
network, ...). No luck, I also get the same thing, as soon as I install the
toshiba geforce driver and reboot, I dont get any video. On XP home edition
it simply hangs but on Pro it blue screens with a STOP c0000415 error.

I really appreciate your reply but is there any additional details you might
be able to provide to steer me to the correct drivers.

Thanks,
Craig DeGruchy
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 19, 2004 4:32:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.sys.laptops,japan.comp.toshiba (More info?)

I used the drivers from the Toshiba web site listed for that model, with
Generic XP Pro.

cdegruch wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!
>
> Have you run generic XP Pro successfully? Any chance you can suggest driver
> versions.
>
> In fact, I do not have the original restore CD. I purchased this laptop
> from ebay based on a listing that quoted having XP and the guy did not send
> it, or any software, including the restore CD. I have used the driver from
> the toshiba support site that is quoted for my exact model. As well, I have
> downloaded every stinking driver I could from the support site to try to
> replicate what would be on the restore CD (modem, chipset, touchpad, sound,
> network, ...). No luck, I also get the same thing, as soon as I install the
> toshiba geforce driver and reboot, I dont get any video. On XP home edition
> it simply hangs but on Pro it blue screens with a STOP c0000415 error.
>
> I really appreciate your reply but is there any additional details you might
> be able to provide to steer me to the correct drivers.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig DeGruchy
September 22, 2004 3:25:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.sys.laptops,japan.comp.toshiba (More info?)

If you want to get the restore CDs for your laptop, try:
www.ambry.com original restore cds for laptops and PCs

"cdegruch" <jncdegruchy@quickclic.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!
>
> Have you run generic XP Pro successfully? Any chance you can suggest
> driver
> versions.
>
> In fact, I do not have the original restore CD. I purchased this laptop
> from ebay based on a listing that quoted having XP and the guy did not
> send
> it, or any software, including the restore CD. I have used the driver
> from
> the toshiba support site that is quoted for my exact model. As well, I
> have
> downloaded every stinking driver I could from the support site to try to
> replicate what would be on the restore CD (modem, chipset, touchpad,
> sound,
> network, ...). No luck, I also get the same thing, as soon as I install
> the
> toshiba geforce driver and reboot, I dont get any video. On XP home
> edition
> it simply hangs but on Pro it blue screens with a STOP c0000415 error.
>
> I really appreciate your reply but is there any additional details you
> might
> be able to provide to steer me to the correct drivers.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig DeGruchy
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
September 23, 2004 2:20:14 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia.programming,comp.sys.laptops,japan.comp.toshiba (More info?)

You should state the details of your laptop: model numbers, etc.
Some good soul can help by making a copy of the restore CDs.

"cdegruch" <jncdegruchy@quickclic.net> wrote in message
> Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!
>
> Have you run generic XP Pro successfully? Any chance you can suggest
> driver
> versions.
>
> In fact, I do not have the original restore CD. I purchased this laptop
> from ebay based on a listing that quoted having XP and the guy did not
> send
> it, or any software, including the restore CD. I have used the driver
> from
> the toshiba support site that is quoted for my exact model. As well, I
> have
> downloaded every stinking driver I could from the support site to try to
> replicate what would be on the restore CD (modem, chipset, touchpad,
> sound,
> network, ...). No luck, I also get the same thing, as soon as I install
> the
> toshiba geforce driver and reboot, I dont get any video. On XP home
> edition
> it simply hangs but on Pro it blue screens with a STOP c0000415 error.
>
> I really appreciate your reply but is there any additional details you
> might
> be able to provide to steer me to the correct drivers.
>
> Thanks,
> Craig DeGruchy
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 23, 2004 2:52:55 AM

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 23:25:37 -0400, "Dennis" <sava7@comcast.net> wrote:

:>If you want to get the restore CDs for your laptop, try:
:>www.ambry.com original restore cds for laptops and PCs

That site appears to be Compaq and HP only. The OP stated he had a Toshiba
laptop so I don't think that link will be much use to him.

me/2

:>"cdegruch" <jncdegruchy@quickclic.net> wrote in message
:>news:22f3cf89.0409182020.3153a211@posting.google.com...
:>> Thanks for the reply, much appreciated!
:>>
[...]
:>
!