New build

rurpline

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2010
Just completed my first build. Windows 7, intel i5 750, ripjaw 4GB, GB P55 ud3, nvidia 8800gt, Seagate barracuda 1TB, Thermaltake 430 psu. The system has run perfect since startup. The only change I have made is setting the Optimizer on the MB. I have read much info in this forum about bios, voltages and about a million other settings to adjust on the MoBo. What do I really need to set and what do I need not worry about? I do a lot of gaming and the way it is set now all my games run great on med to high settings (NWN2, Bioshock 2, RF Guerrilla, Half life 2. Crysis) Even though it all is working fine I would still like to know all my MoBo and ram settings are where they should be. I will definately be overclocking at some point when I'm a bit more comfortable with the knowledge, but not now. Any pointers for this rookie would be appreciated.

g048989h

Distinguished
Nov 17, 2009
time to benchmark it. Get a free version of 3dmark06. Your system should run around 10 to 12,000 marks I would think. Once you benchmark it you can start messing with settings, but you need a baseline first. Honestly, I'm no expert but have some experience. I find that most of the bios settings are fine where they are unless your RAM timings are off, or your going to OC the system.
Good Luck