Which $900 gaming build is better?

OR

Build #1:

Pros:
Cheaper
Better RAM
Aftermarket heatsink
Gives me 2 PCIe slots for future crossfiring.

Build #2:

Pros:
Better CPU
Better GPU
Can only OC with stock cooler.
Gives me no chance to crossfire, if I want to crossfire, I have to pay $450($150 for new mobo, $300 for new 5850)

Obviously, at this point, build #2 beats build #1 by a lot. But what I would like to do is have a computer that'll last a long time.

Not giving me the opportunity of xfiring is obviously a large con, as I want a gaming computer. I think the 955 is good enough for gaming. A 5770 would be enough for the games I play now, and then I could put in another 5770 for only $160 later to bring up to the level of a 5870.

That's just my opinion.

I would like your opinion.
When I build my future PC, just be aware that I won't upgrade for 2-4 years, and I don't have much money to upgrade either.

I guess I myself would like to buy build #1, but there might be something I might be missing, so I wanted yalls thoughts.

Thanks guys.
2 answers Last reply
More about which gaming build better
  1. My vote is for the i5 system, when you want to upgrade the video card, sell your 5850 on Ebay and buy a 5970. The am3 board is only x8 in crossfire.
  2. brennon7 said:
    My vote is for the i5 system, when you want to upgrade the video card, sell your 5850 on Ebay and buy a 5970. The am3 board is only x8 in crossfire.

Ah, I never thought of that. That's a really good idea. I'm not an ebay person, so I would have thought of that.

Thanks a lot for your opinion.
Ask a new question

Read More

Build Gaming Crossfire Systems