D

Deleted member 217926

I am pretty sure you are limited to very early LGA 775 chips. That would be Pentium 4 5xx and 6xx series and Pentium D 8xx chips and 9xx chips. You could go with a faster clock speed Pentium D but in my opinion that is a waste of money. You would be spending money on obsolete tech that was not even very good when it was new.

To specifically answer your question a Pentium D 960 is probably the fastest chip that board will support.

http://support.gateway.com/s/MOTHERBD/Intel2/WMEOEMD945GBIG1/WMEOEMD945GBIG1mvr24.shtml

rjimenez00000@yahoo

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2010
Thanks everyone. This is what I pretty much was thinking but wasn't 100% certain. I guess the best thing to do is to just de-brand the computer? I'd much rather do this than get old upgrades but I wasn't sure if my recovery discs would work on the new set up. I don't have the actual OS disk and I would hate to shell out 100$+ for win 7 right now. I'd go with Linux but I'm not that tech savvy. Any suggestions?

lcp1109

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2010
I think there are programs that can show you what serial you are using on your OS (search on google :p), that is the only thing you need to do a fresh installation on a new PC. I dont think it whould be iligal for your to download a new DVD with your OS when you have a valid serial, just make sure you are not sharing while downloading.