Too much memory?

I was just looking at some high end mobo's and i couldn't help think to myself...why would you need so much?Some of the high end mobos maximum capicity is around 54gbs of ram.

I don't even see a need for more than 8g...

Isn't their some king of thershold you would reach that you wouldn't/can't notice a difference between 10g and 50g of ram?

sharpbrick

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2010
damn lol with 54gb of ram you could edit a hole movie with out saving it while you are editing lol
and ya i think that after like 6gb for gaming there is not much difference and i have never used over 8 so i cant say beyond that lol

Actually, for most people, the threshold is around 8 GB.

But when you are talking truly "high-end", you are talking "professional". And the rules change. Time is truly money. Professional level editing of graphics images (Photoshop), video editing and rendering: the few seconds that you wait on your system adds up.

I barely use all the 6GB that I have loaded into my system. Albeit I do not use too many memory intensive apps, but what little V/A editing I have done, have yet to see the 6GB be an issue.

Their not very "clean" or they are great multitaskers.I helped someone a couple weeks ago that was looking for a new GPU,he said he used like 8G and he does lots of editing or somewhat.Basicly he leaves a bunch of windows open at one time and hes just boucing around from place to place.