Solved

Too much memory?

I was just looking at some high end mobo's and i couldn't help think to myself...why would you need so much?Some of the high end mobos maximum capicity is around 54gbs of ram.

I don't even see a need for more than 8g...

Isn't their some king of thershold you would reach that you wouldn't/can't notice a difference between 10g and 50g of ram?
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about memory
  1. Maybe tons of ram for a workstation would be good but I do see your point for enthusiast board to have all that ram for gaming and what not.
  2. Don't you reach some sort of threshold for how much memory will actually make a difference?
  3. damn lol with 54gb of ram you could edit a hole movie with out saving it while you are editing lol
    and ya i think that after like 6gb for gaming there is not much difference and i have never used over 8 so i cant say beyond that lol
  4. purple stank said:

Isn't their some king of thershold you would reach that you wouldn't/can't notice a difference between 10g and 50g of ram?

Actually, for most people, the threshold is around 8 GB.

But when you are talking truly "high-end", you are talking "professional". And the rules change. Time is truly money. Professional level editing of graphics images (Photoshop), video editing and rendering: the few seconds that you wait on your system adds up.
  5. purple stank said:
    I barely use all the 6GB that I have loaded into my system. Albeit I do not use too many memory intensive apps, but what little V/A editing I have done, have yet to see the 6GB be an issue.
  6. Their not very "clean" or they are great multitaskers.I helped someone a couple weeks ago that was looking for a new GPU,he said he used like 8G and he does lots of editing or somewhat.Basicly he leaves a bunch of windows open at one time and hes just boucing around from place to place.
  7. Best answer
    CAD, Video Editing, Rendering, Hi Definition Graphics (i.e. Adobe anything), large database manipulation all like large amounts of RAM
  8. Best answer selected by purple stank.
Ask a new question

Read More

Memory RAM