• Connectivity
  • Phones
  • DSL
  • Connection
  • At&T
  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 4, 2010 6:56:33 PM

May be one of you know (because 6 people from AT&T does not...) why my dsl direct modem 2wire does not work when I plug my phone?????? Internet service is interrupted!!! Must be the phone jack - You can't plug the phone and router in the same jack- You need the filters- No you don't need the filters - Disconnect your router and connect again after 10 seconds- This are "some" of the answers that I got from them. Can anyone help? I can't dial the AT&T # again, it is to painful!!! Tx!!!! Normajean

More about : dsl phone line

May 7, 2010 7:33:26 PM

normajean said:
May be one of you know (because 6 people from AT&T does not...) why my dsl direct modem 2wire does not work when I plug my phone?????? Internet service is interrupted!!! Must be the phone jack - You can't plug the phone and router in the same jack- You need the filters- No you don't need the filters - Disconnect your router and connect again after 10 seconds- This are "some" of the answers that I got from them. Can anyone help? I can't dial the AT&T # again, it is to painful!!! Tx!!!! Normajean

I could be way off the mark here because I'm in the UK where we have ADSL but we have to filter out the excess noise. Only one filter in any one line is enough - two in the same cable will cancel each other out. You also need a filter in every other connection in the house - even burglar alarms if they can call up the police or the security company. If your TV has a red button for interactive usage, filter that telephone line as well.

m
l
May 7, 2010 9:29:36 PM

Saga Lout said:

I could be way off the mark here because I'm in the UK where we have ADSL but we have to filter out the excess noise. Only one filter in any one line is enough - two in the same cable will cancel each other out. You also need a filter in every other connection in the house - even burglar alarms if they can call up the police or the security company. If your TV has a red button for interactive usage, filter that telephone line as well.

Thanks for your help! I had the phone tech here and he found a tiny wire out of place in the outside box, even though I had a dial tone, and could use the phone, that tiny wire was preventing me to use both at the same time!!!! I have both now, with the filters and all! thanks again! Normajean. :) 
m
l
!