ferny12345623

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
so i wanted a antec p180 mini for as long as i can remember, i like the way it looks and it fits all my things perfect and it fits a water cooling kit nice too.(after modding of course). the only problem no side window! now i have done windows to other cases but this one is tricky. has anyone done this mod to the p180mini? i couldn't help myself and bought one. got the inside powder coted black and my water cooling installed. now i just need the window to show it off! can any one help????

look on the spcr forums, lots of P1X0 modding being done, the side panel can be cut through, I think there are even people selling replacement side panels out there somewhere.

or google modding P180 mini and you get a fair few results.

to pyroflea, its a 3 layer composite panel, so not the easiest to cut through well.

ferny12345623

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

the problem is that the side is 3 layers, outer is aluminium followed by a plastic core and a inner alumminium. thus alot different than the "normal case". and alot harder to mod.

ferny12345623

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009

actually i have googled it alot and i did find a single thread however it was not very helpful.

hmm I found several, give me a few days and i'll link to some, I've definately seen people talking about how they have cut through the panel, i've only done the fan grill mods and changed the filters, I want to keep the sound down, but i've got a full P180B not a mini and perhaps the thermals are better?

I'm sure i've seen people selling full P180 panels, premodded.