Can a SATA be a SCSI and also good for my OS

Another Thanks

Distinguished
Oct 11, 2010
Of Note: I've just read - http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/265764-32-guide-installed-disk-system
and it will help. Still don't know if it's really a SCSI or a SATA like the drive label says it is. Curiosity saved the cat. Sorry about the bad grammar structure not much can be done there.
So I bought this 500GB SATA WD5002AALX drive from Newegg which offers the higher 6G/s speed. It's plugged into the SATA3_1 port which supports the 6G/s speed. Disk Management shows it as being a SCSI drive. On the drive label it says SATA. I'm wanting to use this drive as the OS drive since it's faster. But don't know anything about SCSI drives. Is there stuff I should know about. And also I don't know anything about the disc management program.
And so what's the best way to format this since I don't see the way for it in disc managment. Could just do a clean install from the Windows 7 Pro disc. (Will the disc recognize the drive I don't remember) I've always thought the drive should have a full high grade format before installing the OS. Can't remember if basic installation does that. Also I don't have a floppy disc drive for other matters. Right now I use the WD black 3.0Gb/s 680GB to run my OS and softwear adobe production premium suite 5.5 and have all video photo & music on other SATA 3G/s speed drives. It's not set up in raid and basically prefer the standard arrangement anyway. Any advice you guys can offer really helps so as they say thanks in advance ~
Current state of the system is as follows:
ASRock 770 Extreem3 mobo AMD 770 + SB710 Chipsets
Windows 7 Pro OS on a WD680 Black 3.0G/s SATA HDD
and various other SATA drives for storage.
The New drive From Newegg it's the Western Digital > Item#: N82E16822136795