4D/ 5D Theater buy to china

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Video Editing
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
April 19, 2010 4:54:40 PM

Hello,
building a video editing computer wondering if i should go with a intel dual core motherboard xeon or an asus with an intel i7?

More about : theater buy china

April 19, 2010 4:55:52 PM

not sure how I put it under the 4D China thing ???
Score
April 19, 2010 8:30:28 PM

Regardless ... The term "video editing" can mean just about anything, these days ...

... At the Pro and Pro-sumer levels, you will want ALL the speed and cores and GPU compute-power that you can afford. You may even be able to justify a $60K render farm.

... So ... as you might imagine, you almost are going to have to write a novel about your exact situation ... budget ... output (volume and formats and codecs) ... tool-sets ... etc. ... If our advice is to be of any real help to your goals.

... Tell us everything ... Here ... This sticky is your guide ... do the "Form" ... be concise but let's have the whole picture.

*How To Ask For New Build Advice*

Read Proximon's *Guide to Choosing Parts*. Also see the Build Your Own section of THG for suggestions.

Create a New Topic for your build with a descriptive title, such as "$1000 gaming PC" or "Need Advice on Budget HTPC", not just "Help" or "Building Computer".

In order to make things easy, copy and paste the following template into your post and edit the italicized examples to suit your needs:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: (e.g.: this week (the closer the better)) BUDGET RANGE: (e.g.: 600-800) Before / After Rebates

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: (e.g.: keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing) COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: (e.g.: Grand Fenwick)

PARTS PREFERENCES: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to use an AMD CPU & Biostar mobo with a 24" LCD and full tower case)

OVERCLOCKING: Yes / No / Maybe SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Yes / No / Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200)

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Include a list of any parts you have already selected with descriptively labeled links for parts.

The easiest method is to paste the label on one line and then paste the link below it.
Example:
Logitech 920-000914 Black 106 Normal Keys Wired Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Looks like:
Logitech 920-000914 Black 106 Normal Keys Wired Ultra-thin Illuminated Keyboard - Retail
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod [...] 6823126043

Links can also be created using the following format: paste the label here

The paperclip button on the toolbar gives this: paste the label here

Example:

Looks like:

Score
Related resources
April 19, 2010 9:46:39 PM

Thanks Alvin. I started a new Thread with this info along with a bunch of links to a rig im setting up.
Score
April 19, 2010 10:30:59 PM

GOOD DEAL ...

THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY DEAD ... FIND NEW .. SAME OP

HERE IS LINK TO NEW THREAD ... POST THERE

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/284759-31-video-editi...

Score
April 20, 2010 2:09:18 AM

@Mods: Thread has moved. Please lock this
Score
April 20, 2010 2:13:34 AM

This topic has been closed by Aford10
Score
!