Pentium 3 xeon and dual core

Hello,

is the pentium 3 xeon a version of pentium 3 generation? I bought a computer with intel pentium dual core processor but after my motherboard got replaced my processor was Pentium 3 Xeon.
I dont know which processor i was using before the replacement, but in papers it is given that it was Dual core...i only saw it after the replacement that my processor was pentium 3 Xeon....are they same or what? what should i do...please help....
2 answers Last reply
More about pentium xeon dual core
  1. I dont think there is a pentium 3 xeon with dual core, they are too old for that, but I'm not sure

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Pentium-III/TYPE-Pentium%20III%20Xeon.html

but you can use two of them if your motherboard allows
  2. vashisht_piyush said:
    Hello,

is the pentium 3 xeon a version of pentium 3 generation? I bought a computer with intel pentium dual core processor but after my motherboard got replaced my processor was Pentium 3 Xeon.
    I dont know which processor i was using before the replacement, but in papers it is given that it was Dual core...i only saw it after the replacement that my processor was pentium 3 Xeon....are they same or what? what should i do...please help....

The PIII Xeon is based on the PIII. If you had a Dual core, then it should have been significantly faster than a single or even dual PIII Xeon processors. It also is possible that the BIOS is not reporting the CPU correctly. What does CPU-Z show for the processor?
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Pentium Xeon Processors Dual Core