• CPUs
  • Pentium
  • Xeon
  • Processors
  • Dual Core
Last response: in CPUs
June 27, 2010 7:49:28 AM

Hello,

is the pentium 3 xeon a version of pentium 3 generation? I bought a computer with intel pentium dual core processor but after my motherboard got replaced my processor was Pentium 3 Xeon.
I dont know which processor i was using before the replacement, but in papers it is given that it was Dual core...i only saw it after the replacement that my processor was pentium 3 Xeon....are they same or what? what should i do...please help....

More about : pentium xeon dual core

a c 117 à CPUs
June 27, 2010 2:23:36 PM

vashisht_piyush said:
Hello,

is the pentium 3 xeon a version of pentium 3 generation? I bought a computer with intel pentium dual core processor but after my motherboard got replaced my processor was Pentium 3 Xeon.
I dont know which processor i was using before the replacement, but in papers it is given that it was Dual core...i only saw it after the replacement that my processor was pentium 3 Xeon....are they same or what? what should i do...please help....

The PIII Xeon is based on the PIII. If you had a Dual core, then it should have been significantly faster than a single or even dual PIII Xeon processors. It also is possible that the BIOS is not reporting the CPU correctly. What does CPU-Z show for the processor?
m
l
Related resources
!