Cmos BiOS ( PC Turns OFF and On )

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
Hey, been a while and I need a problem solve here.
Yesterday while I was doing a Intel Burn Test, the computer shuts down. "At the moment I was trying to test a O.C Setting"
I have done this about 15 times when I'd test a O.C setting. This time the system will not turn on correctly after it shutdown.
But once I hit the power button it try to turn on for a second or two and turn off and turn on again.
The Computer is trying to turn on but there might be some hardware issues.

So I've took everything out of the system, and even have taken the CMOS Battery out to reset the CMOS
Install everything back in the system, and I get the same results, but once I touch the CLR CMOS Pins that are 2 Pin with a screwdriver or with a jumper
the computer turns back on and loads up and right away I hit delete on my keyboard. (Note I have a Gigabyte Mobo P55)
I will load up the Load Optimized Default and save and restart.

Now this is where it gets weird right now, I will set up the Bios after the restart and everything to see everything is working correctly.
Once I do check, and shut the computer down completed, the computer will do it again with it trying to turn it self on and off after me hit the power button.
Each time I have to hit the CLR CMOS 2 PINs in order to turn the computer.

The question for those that will know how to solve this issues is , Should I just send the motherboard back to Gigabyte for a replacement
or is there something else I am missing here that I am not doing. I'd believe I have tried everything there is. Yes I even Update the BIOS now to F5 for this
Gigabyte GA P55 USB3 mobo.

If anyone will like to know, I am using the computer now and it seem to be working fine
But once I shut it down, I'll have to start for step one again.

Spec here
Intel i5 Quad @4.0Ghz
Gigabyte GA P55 USB3 mobo
Corsair H50 CPU Cooler
Crucial Ballistix Tracer DDR3 1333
ATi 5850
Xigmatek 650PSU

here is a link to my video as well of my computer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHN6LVqBA9g

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

And there I thought so to but at the moment it's not overclock.
stock 2.67Ghz, Another is that I was trying to overclock to 4.3Ghz when it happen.
I been running on 4.0Ghz for 2 months now.

You should just use the "optimized defaults". If I'm reading your post correctly you said you load the optimized defaults and then go in and "set up the Bios".

You could have damaged something while overclocking. Have you run an overnight test of Memtest86+ to see if your RAM is damaged? Crucial has been having quality control issues lately. The good thing is that their RMA support is excellent.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008

I was thinking the same last night until this morning, I left stress test on for 6 hours and no errors
Yes I've load the optimized defaults. The memory is working correctly and the LED on it is flashing like crazy.

Edit at 3:38Pm and I notice that the motherboard temps has gone up to 111.3F (44C)
Where the heatsink spearders are around the CPU they are very hot and never has done that before.
The more I think about it now the more I am going towards it of being the motherboard was damage.
Does anyone disagree with me on this one? I have overclock it before and ever reach that high before.

Keiki646

Distinguished
Jun 22, 2008
RDS on MOSFETs I have been testing and I am reporting that one of the RDS on MOSFETs have fail and burn out. Yes the motherboard started to smoke from the MOSfets on a Gigabyte GA P55 USB3 mobo that suppose to have 2 oz copper inner layer

gunnarhx

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I had my ga-p55-usb3 running for day or so before it suffered the same fate as yours.... Someone suggested that budget p55 board could have a problem under high load and high Vtt