Sign in with
Your question

Replacement 140mm 2 Pin Fan for Thermaltake Toughpower 700w PSU

Last response: in Components
June 27, 2010 9:47:28 AM

Could anybody recommend a replacement 140mm fan for a Thermaltake Toughpower 700w modular power supply, ive cracked open the case and have found that it requires a standard 2 pin connector so all I have to do is unscrew the fan and plug it in so im confident of doing this myself.

Unfortunately one of the fans fins has broken off and now the fans started to make an awful noise, but I dont want to buy another psu when I already a perfectly good one.

Thanks

a c 87 ) Power supply
June 27, 2010 12:39:50 PM

If you are handy with repairs, just snip off the connectors and solder the leads, and insulate the joints to get the fan working again.

If you need an off-the-shelf fan, then pick any 140mm fan with 50 to 60CFM capacity.
Another option is to just ask Thermaltake about the capacity and specs of the fan. (They may not be happy about your self servicing).

You should be getting ready to watch the World Cup game now, not mess with PSUs! Good luck!
a b ) Power supply
June 27, 2010 12:47:24 PM

Your fan is a HONGHUA HA1425H12B-Z (0.50A 12V). I recommend you to buy the same one. Contact Thermaltake europe to ask them about how to get one.
tt.europe@thermaltake.com or info.europe@thermaltake.com
!