Hybrid xfire - 4250 - Asus m4A88T-M 880G

casemods

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2006
I have the Asus m4A88T-M 880G motherboard

It has hybrid xfire with a 4250

I sold my 5770 because I needed the money and was wondering what performance I might get by adding a compatible card, and what performance difference there is between using the integrated GPU with xfire and not using it.

Don't post to tell me to search.

Posts with helpful search parameter suggestions, links or answers welcome

AMD forum completely un-helpful, saying only "do a search" - which seems to be a trend on multiple forums nowadays...I remember when people actually wanted to help. :??:

Onboard GPU = HD 4250 ; chipset = AMD 880G

Article - http://www.amd.com/us/press-releases/Pages/amd-890gx-chipset-2010mar1.aspx
"The same AMD 890GX motherboard which can be used to build an efficient and slim home theater PC using the integrated ATI Radeon HD 4290 Graphics, can be augmented with ATI Radeon™ HD 5450 Graphics for a dual-graphics performance preview, or upgraded to a gaming powerhouse with ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 Graphics and the visual realism of DirectX® 11."

The information that I seen suggests to use the HD5450 with the AMD 880G.

Hope that helps.

Chart {yeah - it's the latest I can find :( }:
CF_combo_chart.jpg

The improvement will be ~40%~50%+ increase in the frame rates you have now. Money, well that's a function of your priorities + need. I can easily spend YOUR money. Also, it depends on the games you play; if it's e.g. Crysis then obviously you need a killer GPU.

My everyday has a HD 5770 and it's not a gaming rig, but it can play most games okay. You already know this having one yourself.