Intel 520 VS Crucial M4

jor200

Honorable
May 20, 2012
Hi, which one of these SSD is better? Intel 520 60gb or Crucial M4 64gb. And do you think its worth it if I fork out another $100(in my country) for the 120gb one? Using the SSD just to install my OS on it, and if I get the 120gb one I would add some games in it. Is the speed difference in the 120gb version a lot?

Solution
Not really, you will barely see a performance difference in between SSDs. Between the two SSD drives you have the intel 520 has a slight better performance than the M4. The 520 has a longer warranty and is more expensive than the M4. It comes down to price and if you want a longer warranty.
I believe that the 120GB should be a std OS program drive! The Intel has 5 years warranty the Crucial only 3 but if you can save money and go with a bigger drive with 3 year warranty that is what I would do. Both drives have gotten good reviews!

fantastik250

Distinguished
Not really, you will barely see a performance difference in between SSDs. Between the two SSD drives you have the intel 520 has a slight better performance than the M4. The 520 has a longer warranty and is more expensive than the M4. It comes down to price and if you want a longer warranty.

Solution
G

a 60-64Gb will fit the OS and MAYBE a game or two. but then you have to micro manage A LOT
a 120 Gb drive is easier, just move the swap and user files. :)

both are great drives.