Sign in with
Your question

Seasonic, are they a minor player in the PSU market?

Last response: in Components

have you ever heard of the PSU company Seasonic?

Total: 26 votes (4 blank votes)

• yes
  • 96 %
  • no
  • 5 %
a c 164 ) Power supply
June 27, 2010 5:10:09 PM

i was told seasonic is a "minor " player in the PSU market and "a lot of people wont even know who seasonic is "*

so have you people ever heard of this company?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/284743-28-which-power...
a b ) Power supply
June 27, 2010 6:44:25 PM

Yes, they make some of Corsairs PSU's IIRC.
Related resources
a b ) Power supply
June 27, 2010 7:00:10 PM

marcellis22 said:
A lot of people still think the earth is flat!

The bit I'm on is. :pt1cable:  :lol: 
a c 164 ) Power supply
June 27, 2010 7:02:19 PM

marcellis22 said:

A lot of people still think the earth is flat!

nonsense, the earth is round and everyone knows this, just like everyone knows the moon is made out of cheese!
a c 91 ) Power supply
June 27, 2010 7:12:32 PM

Somehow i can't believe this.. Was this thread made seriously or is OP hoping to compete for the highest number of replies..!!

P.S. - The earth is flat at poles..
a c 164 ) Power supply
June 27, 2010 7:46:12 PM

i was told seasonic was a minor player in the PSU market and if i asked people, most would not know who they are.
a b ) Power supply
June 27, 2010 9:26:26 PM

Seasonic is a major player in PC power supply and produce one of the best in the market. It also built PSU for name brands such as Corsair and Antec.
a b ) Power supply
June 27, 2010 9:27:22 PM

Check reviews from Hardwaresecrets.com and johnnyguru.com. Its gives an accurate assessment/review of PC PSU.
a b ) Power supply
June 28, 2010 8:06:25 AM

leon2006 said:
Seasonic is a major player in PC power supply and produce one of the best in the market. It also built PSU for name brands such as Corsair and Antec.

Agreed.

I only purchase Seasonic PSUs.

I might consider purchasing a PSU Seasonic manufactures for Corsair or PC Power and Cooling the next time I need a one. But a genuine Seasonic PSU will always be on my short list.
June 28, 2010 8:31:50 AM

Well perhaps regular people wouldn't know, but im sure most people here at toms would know who seasonic are.

the majority of people wouldn't know who Niels Boohr is, but go to a forum about Physics and i'm sure most people would think you were retarded not to know him.

sorry, its the only analogy i could think of, my knowledge of 'laymen' hobbies is somewhat lacking.
a b ) Power supply
June 28, 2010 8:36:25 AM

Emperus said:
Somehow i can't believe this.. Was this thread made seriously or is OP hoping to compete for the highest number of replies..!!

P.S. - The earth is flat at poles..

No he is serious. Someone actually said this to him. He is just trying to prove a point.

And yes, seasonic is huge player in the PSU world. Their own units are considered top tier and they OEM for numerous other brands.
a b ) Power supply
June 28, 2010 9:22:03 AM

Yup, Seasonic makes some of the best PSU's out there.
To claim otherwise is to be uninformed.
a b ) Power supply
June 28, 2010 11:53:00 AM

Is this a plant by a Seasonic booster?
a c 144 ) Power supply
June 28, 2010 2:38:15 PM

outlw6669 said:
Yup, Seasonic makes some of the best PSU's out there.
To claim otherwise is to be uninformed.

Or trolling to see what he can catch.
June 28, 2010 3:12:19 PM

ct1615 said:
i was told seasonic is a "minor " player in the PSU market and "a lot of people wont even know who seasonic is "*

so have you people ever heard of this company?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/284743-28-which-power...

SeaSonic Manufactures some PSUs for Corsair. Not only have I heard of them but I own a SeaSonic M12II 620 W modular PSU and I am extremely pleased with it.
!