Sign in with
Your question

In which headers do i connect the Corsair H50 to? Thank you guys!

Last response: in Components
June 27, 2010 10:05:22 PM

I am going to buy the corsair hydro series 50 (Corsair H50) Closed-loop water cooler. I have the Antec 900 and the Asus P6T SE. The cooler has two power pins, one for the fan (for the rad) and one for the pump. I was told i should give full power to the pump (no regulation) and then plug the fan into a header that adjusts quickly to CPU temp, not mobo temp. Could you guys please take a look at these pics and tell me where to plug them. (name of the header and approx. location)? i really appreciate it, i really want to get the best out of this cooler.

On a side note, i might want to do a push pull config, can i use my rear case fan to do so?

Here is my mobo, and cooler:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ImageGallery.aspx?CurImag...

My setup:
i7 920 @ 4.0ghz (200x20)
Asus P6T SE
OCZ Gold 6Gb 1600 CL8 @ 1.65v
Ati HD 5850
Antec 900
OCZ ModXtreme Pro 700w PSU
Liteon 24x Drive
Wd 640gb Caviar black HDD.
June 27, 2010 11:54:19 PM

I have the same cooler. I connected the pump header to any system fan which you can put to run at 100% in the bios. The fan header I connected to the cpu connector. I run mine in push/pull with the rear fan. It works perfectly fine and with much cooler temps than with just one fan. It would be a good idea to make sure your case has a top fan to get the best temps. By the way, your links do not work.
m
l
June 28, 2010 4:10:38 AM

salvilla said:
I have the same cooler. I connected the pump header to any system fan which you can put to run at 100% in the bios. The fan header I connected to the cpu connector. I run mine in push/pull with the rear fan. It works perfectly fine and with much cooler temps than with just one fan. It would be a good idea to make sure your case has a top fan to get the best temps. By the way, your links do not work.
ok, for fan i will use cpu_fan and for pump, should i use pwr_fan or cha_fan? Could someone plz just answer this?
m
l
June 28, 2010 5:21:23 AM

Yes, that is correct. Go into your bios and you should be able to adjust the speed at which they run. Select a target temperature for the cpu_fan header that runs off your cpu temp. For the other header you should be able to select a percentage for which to run. Select 100%. The pump will run at 100% and the fan will throttle up/down based on cpu temp.
m
l
!