Sign in with
Your question

MSI K9N6PGM2-V compatible processor

Last response: in Motherboards
December 31, 2010 3:16:05 PM

going to change my athlon64*2dual core 4800+ to smth. better think on phenom2*4. but i am not shure my
MSI K9N6PGM2-V supports it. as i heard some of Am3 socket processors are compatible with Am2 motherboards, but i can"t find any info about this processor and my board compability????
a c 435 V Motherboard
December 31, 2010 3:29:09 PM

The fastest cpu you can upgrade to is the agena 9750 phenom I (95 watt version only). It's listed under "archives" and "cpu support" on msi's website. It will list what bios version you need to use. Msi's "live update" software is fairly easy to use. You have to go into your bios and disable any "boot block" settings and disable windows firewall or any firewalls with your virus protection software. Then you download and install the software, reboot, and use the icon to do a search while you're online. It will automatically scan your board and update all your bios and device drivers while you wait. You must be patient; the bios update appears as a small black window. Don't stop anything until it's done, or you will end up with a dead board. Do this with your old cpu before trying a newer one.
January 2, 2011 6:47:36 PM

thanks. should think on it. but i don"t think i"ll get more perfomance with that one. have to change MB.
Related resources
January 2, 2011 6:54:07 PM

athlon64*2dual core 4800+ . tested it with s and m. warmed up to 83 c. when in normal conditions temperature is between 58 - 67c. is it too high for this processor or no?
a c 435 V Motherboard
January 3, 2011 12:30:15 PM

Yes. Check your heatsink contact; should idle in the 40's and peak at about 70c under max load.
!