Which version of 5770?

Solution

Considering they have the same specs? Then it's an issue of the company quality. So don't look at reviews of JUST that 1 item, read up on HIS, ASUS and Sapphire customer satisfaction.

Then read up on the IceQ heat sink performance.

The guy gave good advice, he talked about a pervious IceQ he had that survive quietly for 3 years.

So let's not just glaze over posts that have good information in them.

For the record I have an HIS HD4890 and it works like a dream. Can't speak for the 5770 they make, but seeing as how all ATI designs are the same, only who slaps it together and...
Well...HIS IceQ heat sink is among the most silent ones, and I always like the IceQ looks.
So...from my side of opinion.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161333 is the better one.

But the others are also good, so other people may have different opinions.

Note : I just replaced my old HIS HD3850 512MB IceQ3 turbo, it was silent, good looks and good performance.
I upgraded my rig with the HIS HD5850 (see my signature) after almost 3 years, the old one is not broken yet and I have given it away along with my old PSU (also not yet broken) to my younger brother.

cmcghee358

Distinguished

Considering they have the same specs? Then it's an issue of the company quality. So don't look at reviews of JUST that 1 item, read up on HIS, ASUS and Sapphire customer satisfaction.

Then read up on the IceQ heat sink performance.

The guy gave good advice, he talked about a pervious IceQ he had that survive quietly for 3 years.

So let's not just glaze over posts that have good information in them.

For the record I have an HIS HD4890 and it works like a dream. Can't speak for the 5770 they make, but seeing as how all ATI designs are the same, only who slaps it together and which Heatsink they use, you can take my pleasure with HIS as a favorable mark in their category.

Solution

cmcghee358

Distinguished
Also, instead of making a post for every component you're considering, how bout either place them in their corresponding category (ie AMD CPU, ATI Graphics Cards.)

Or you can follow the new build template, ask a few questions about specific components and give the people here on the forums 1 place to find all your needs.

I condemn a brand for delivering bad quality products always after several bad experiences and I also consider how it happens,is it my mistakes or their mistakes.
HIS, ASUS, MSI, Gigabyte, Shappire, XFX, Corsair, Antec, Coolermaster, Tagan, Silverstone, Crucial, Mushkin, and many more on my shopping list are eventually added into the list after about 10 years experience.

I dont want to say that a brand is bad just because of 1 product or 1 failure case.
I dare to say that Powercolor is bad (for example) because I have once bought 3 different GPUs from Powercolor in a same year and three of them got broken in the same year (less than a year life).
I have once condemned OCZ for having bad products, but after quite a while, the quality from OCZ has improved significantly. I knew this because I receive specs from my customers (I built new rigs for extra greens, but this not my main living source) which included OCZ RAMs, and they perform very well and without many problems. I changed my mind because of that.
My old HIS HD3850 is still alive after 3 years, previous HISs were also good... and my current HIS HD5850...the well I can not tell yet... I got it only since a few weeks..but looking from the temperature...I believe it will last long...

HIS delivers always those among the best OC'ed GPU with very reliable and silent cooling system in the market especially the IceQ series.

But well..again personal preference plays also a role..If you are not sure about the brand...it is better for you to stay away from it..this is also my way of buying things.
Shappire and ASUS are also good, just pick the one one you like or the cheapest one.

hotyamaha06

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010
I just got the HIS5770 OC turbo Iceq and ive yet to find a benchmark for it, i did the wrong thing and bought with my eyes and not with knowledge so if anyone can find a benchmark agaist the GTX260 or well anything really.... But i can say the more and more i read about the company the better i feel... out of the box its OCed by 9.37% but is ready to go way higher and its suppose to be quite with a UV sensitive cover so i really dont know but if i remember too ill do a bench mark but i dont have enough cards or builds to give any real info it would just be 1 game and 1 bench mark which doesn't help much

hotyamaha06

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2010

NICE MAN!!! Congrats!!! Ill get one after i test this HIS5770 turbo OC out i just didn't have another $150 to get the 5870 but form the reviews and benchmarks i think that thing is going to blow you away form your org. 8800!!!

GL with your fix!!!

I still want to see someone help me with this HIS thing but W/E guess if you want it done you gotta DIY