Choosing a 120GB SSD

Stormborn

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Hello there! I'm in need of advice regarding the SSD I'll be using in my future gaming build. I'm not sure if it matters, but the motherboard I'll be using is an Asus P8Z77-V Pro.

I'm trying to choose between the following:
Corsair Force Series GT SATA3 2.5" 120GB
Corsair Force Series 3 SATA3 2.5" 120GB
Crucial SSD M4 SATA3 2.5" 128GB
Intel SSD 520 120GB

The difference in price between the M4 and the other three drives is 100$ in my country. I know the Intel SSD is the most reliable, but from what I've been told it's also slower. Having the absolute best performance isn't what worries me the most. Reliability is key, and whether the price of the drive is worth what I'll be getting for it. I would greatly appreciate any feedback.
Which SSD has a good balance of performance, reliability and price? Which would you recommend?

Solution
Both 520 and M4 are head to head comparison well and you only see the different in the benchmark( google it ). In real world you can't see the different between them. You can take the one that is low price per GB.
Have Fun.
i have the 520 in a z77 sabertooth...no issue with it with the 40oI bios that was on in..newest one. if i had to choose now for price and performance i would look at intel 330 ssd. it also most as fast as the 520. your not going to see the max numbers on a ssd. the ssd tests software and real life dont match up. I do see on atto bench mark the max speed the ssd can run but on crystal mark test i hit the top speed of 350 on read test. yes i have the ssd on the intel 6g port and my drivers are up to date. with most ssd now you want to see or read who having the highest doe issue or bugs. also want to see who has the best warranty on the drives in case it does die or it wears out.

Both 520 and M4 are head to head comparison well and you only see the different in the benchmark( google it ). In real world you can't see the different between them. You can take the one that is low price per GB.
Have Fun.

Solution

Stormborn

Honorable
May 23, 2012
Thanks for the information, smorizio. I appreciate it.

And:

Thanks for the input. So will I not notice a difference between the M4 and the Corsair Force Series GT, for example?
I plan to use the SSD as a boot drive for my OS and a few chosen games, by the way.

Stormborn

Honorable
May 23, 2012

Alright! Thank you very much for the clear and simple answer. I'll go with the M4 and put those 100$ into something that'll make a bigger difference.