Grounding and effects?

Cpujunkie

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011
What would most likely get damaged if a motherboard was not grounded properly? Would hardware such as video card, memory, cd rom or hard drive be damaged?

DeadComp23

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2010

If the motherboard wasn't grounded properly, then the motherboard would either malfunction or wouldn't run properly. The motherboard wouldn't probably operate correctly either, meaning the component's wouldn't probably work either. If you want to ground your motherboard properly, be sure to touch the case's chassis or touch your power supply to ground yourself.

Cpujunkie

Distinguished
Jan 1, 2011

Thank you for reading my post and answering correctly.

I have built many pcs over the past 10 years and never once had one fry on me how ever this last system I built did not go as planned and with these new boards and components I was hoping they would prevent that damage.

The board would post and start to allow me to install windows but would crash with a blue screen with a not less then equal error which usually is a hardware issue and after 6 hours of trying to pin point the problem I decided to just return it and upon taking the board out I noticed one of the screws in the socket stripped and not secured.