Sign in with
Your question

How to bring cpu down on a dell studio xps

Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
a b à CPUs
June 28, 2010 12:07:51 PM

Hi All,

I own a Dell Studio XPS. I have had it for 11months now. Broke down 3 times already with certain things going wrong. Dell engineer fixed lappy and been running fine since (less the No sound from spekers?).

I love my MW2 and play in a clan. The prob is that my lappy max's out on CPU 100% quite often & i freeze/ lagg heavy (unplayable) or it crashes......

I have done a broadband test...i receive 6-8mbp so thats ok......My provider is looking into testing the line. I changed the micro filter for new 1 just in case.

I know what you are thinking (get a desktop) well i have 1 but a friend is using. The lappy has worked fine for some time b4 now.

Processor : intel(R)Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU T9400 @ 2.53GHz
4GB
32 Bit OS
5.4 Windows Experience Index

Tha lappy is powerfull so whats wrong???

Please help me, even if its just a wee bit.

Regards

Mofo
a c 133 à CPUs
June 28, 2010 12:51:43 PM

1 thing you didnt list is the GPU is it an integrated or a dedicated GPU. If its integrated high graphically intensive games like MW2 would definitely have problems since it has to steal some time from the CPU to process the graphics causing your CPU to max out. Overheating could be the reason for lockups this is one of the main causes of instability with laptops. Also check to make sure that you dont have any maleware running in the background.
Related resources
!