Sign in with
Your question

How to run RAID 0 + 1 on 890gxm-g65

Last response: in Motherboards
January 1, 2011 4:34:02 AM

Can I set up my 890gxm-g65 to boot from my 128GB SSD, and store everything on two 1TB SATA drives, running in a RAID 1? I'm trying to avoid spending the additional money on a ReadyNAS device. I have an 8-month old dauhter and I need to be absolutely sure the pictures I have are safe. And I have a lot of pictures, and they are huge files (Raw images shot on a Canon 5D, up to 15Mb each).

Can I utilize the on-board RAID controller, or do I need a separate RAID controller to accomplish this? I was under the impression that this motherboard would allow a setup like this, but see nowhere that explains how to do it correctly. Thanks in advance for any help that is offered.

More about : run raid 890gxm g65

January 1, 2011 1:18:39 PM

OK, I think I meant to say, how do I run a RAID 1 for the storage on the (2) 1TB drives, while using the SSD for a boot drive..
m
l
January 1, 2011 1:39:33 PM

OK, I've gotten to ROM utility, and it's showing me the drives, but not giving me any options as to what to do with them. I enabled RAID in the BIOS, and I downloaded the 64B driver for RAID on the motherboard. What now?

When I look in Controller configuration, it shows:

Controller IRQ: 7
AHCI HBA MMIO Base Address: FE5FFC00

When I look in LD View/LD Define Menu it shows that there is no LD

m
l
Related resources
January 1, 2011 2:16:16 PM

Well, I decided to use Windows 7 to set it up, and in Disc Management, I just mirrored the two 1TB drives, and left the boot drive out of the equation. So, by nobody answering me, I ended up finding my own answer. Thanks...sort of...!!!
m
l
September 26, 2012 2:22:23 AM

austinquattro said:
Well, I decided to use Windows 7 to set it up, and in Disc Management, I just mirrored the two 1TB drives, and left the boot drive out of the equation. So, by nobody answering me, I ended up finding my own answer. Thanks...sort of...!!!

Hi, I decided I need a RAID and saw your unanswered post on MSI 890GXM G65. Is your set-up working well for you? Was is straight-fwd? Thanks!
m
l
!