Computer powers on, no keyboard, no beep, no display. HELP!!!

rhydiansmith

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Specs:

Shuttle AK32A Motherboard
Kingston 256MB RAM
Maxtor 20GB HDD
Nvidia GeForce MX440
500W PSU
Amd Athlon 2000+ CPU

It's a custom-built PC, and when I powered it on for the first time, all the fans came on, the HDD's spun, and it seemed to be recieving power. But, I get no POST beep(s), no display or keyboard. HELP!!! :cry:

rhydiansmith

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
That didn't help!!! My PSU works perfectly fine in another machine, I have no 4/8 pin cpu power supply, and none of the other fixes apply!!

rhydiansmith

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Each stick of RAM, both DDR and SDRAM tested, no luck. Also, I've noticed strange fan speed patterns. When i Jump the power (put a screwdriver on the pins) the fan goes:

slow..........fast.........slow.......fast.....slow....fast...slow..fast.slow and so on....

any ideas?

None that aren't already in the troubleshooting sticky. Like I said, with a system that old it could be any component that has failed. The only way to tell would be to swap parts with known working parts if you have that option.

Edit: By the way, you need to stop posting questions in the sticky. That's a reference, not a place to ask for help.

rhydiansmith

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
They did.... a while ago. I'm sure that CPU came from the system because it doesn't come from anywhere else. I aslo think it might not be working because I put in DDR and SDR SDRAM in with it at the same time.... And I don't think i was supposed to do that.

rhydiansmith

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2010
Well, that was a waste of my time. I was really looking forward to using that system..... Oh well. It's a mistake I will never make again. Thanks.