Sign in with
Your question

Need help with switching the default drives from an ssd

Last response: in Storage
May 29, 2012 12:10:29 AM

right now my ssd is my default drive and the only use I have for it is to run windows faster or something so windows 7 was going to be installed in there. (im only a little above average with tech stuff so excuse any dumb talk). Right now its my default drive and I want to switch it with my 1tb hard drive while keeping the windows 7 files on it and not ruining the whole purpose of the files being on there to run it faster.
May 29, 2012 12:22:19 AM

Could you give me the link to solve my problem specifically? I went to that link and am not sure where to look
m
l
Related resources
May 29, 2012 12:31:25 AM

Does the first one work for my problem even though its for folder and not disk drives?, the second one i cant access, and the third one isnt that just for optimizing performance?
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 265 G Storage
May 29, 2012 12:36:46 AM

I am not sure what you want to do! You have win 7 on the SSD for speed, you want to default other items over to your storage 1TB drive to keep the SSD fast?
m
l
May 29, 2012 12:38:34 AM

Right now everything I download goes to the SSD, I want to make it go to my hard drive instead, and just have the SSD for Windows 7? So how do I change the default disk drive to my hard drive?
m
l
May 29, 2012 1:03:05 AM

rolli59 said:
I am not sure what you want to do! You have win 7 on the SSD for speed, you want to default other items over to your storage 1TB drive to keep the SSD fast?

right now my ssd is my default drive and the only use I have for it is to run windows faster or something so windows 7 was going to be installed in there. (im only a little above average with tech stuff so excuse any dumb talk). Right now its my default drive and I want to switch it with my 1tb hard drive while keeping the windows 7 files on it and not ruining the whole purpose of the files being on there to run it faster.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
a c 265 G Storage
May 29, 2012 1:43:54 AM

Use the links I put up! If you put your document folder on the 1TB drive then all user files go there! Second one shows how to make your 1TB drive default for program installation! You may have to register with that forum to see that link!
m
l
!