Sign in with
Your question

Loading a Creative Sound Card

Last response: in Windows 7
October 25, 2011 9:54:55 AM

I had a problem loading a creative sound card. I solved iut and posted the way on the site I had created (Below).
Now I need to close the question but don't know how.
This is the answer I wrote: -

Carried out a clean boot as per Creative instructions
http://support.creative.com/kb/Sho [...] x?sid=6738

Uninstalled “almost all” Creative Drivers with Add and Remove programs.

One wouldn’t uninstall: - Creative Consol Launcher Product Version 2.61
Restarted Computer and tried again but it wouldn’t uninstall, when I checked the size of the file there was no size there.

To finish I checked for Creative Technology Limited files in Uninstall or change a program and apart from the Consol Launcher there weren’t any.
Next I switched the computer off, plugged in the Creative XFi sound card and restarted.
When it started it said in the bottom right hand corner it had found the FXi and the device software had been successfully installed.

I downloaded the three files in your email, restarting after every file. When I downloaded the Creative Consol Launcher it overwrote the old version that wouldn’t uninstall, at the end when I restarted for the final time Windows 7 had recognised it.
The answer to the probleam after uninstalling all of the Creative files then doing a "Clean Boot".
The clean boot was quite easy to do.
I will leave this running for a while then close it down.
I hope I have helped.
Take care,
Derek
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2011 10:00:59 AM

Thanks for sharing your solution, its appreciated.

if you want to know how to 'close' cases on the creative site, I'd suggest you talk to them, or just reply to yourself on thier site saying its been resolved, and leave it like that.
October 25, 2011 10:13:14 AM

Thank you for the quick response, its not the Creative site I’m concerned about its this site.
I have already contacted Creative but now I’m getting emails form the “Tomshardware” site. I can leave the solution there as its helpful but need to stop the computer generated emails.
Thanks again
Derek
Related resources
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2011 10:55:04 AM

If you don't open the latest one, it shouldn't send you any more. As soon as you open it, it will show you all of the updates, and then send you another one once you've got another reply.

So you'll only get multiple emails if you open one and follow the link.
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2011 11:18:37 AM

wonder if you mark it as spam.......... will it recognize all Tom's email as spam ?
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2011 11:39:39 AM

probably, its root domain thing isn't it? But leave each one alone and there won't be a followup, or go back to the thread and uncross the email option at the top.
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2011 11:39:50 AM

might not work if you are OP though
October 25, 2011 2:45:37 PM

13thmonkey said:
might not work if you are OP though

Hi
Thank you for that, I don't think it will open any more as I am an "Old Age Pensioner".
But I can still play a harmonica.
Go to my web site at www.harmonicashow.co.uk and click on the YouTube page.
Don't forget to make a coment on the tune you open.
Thank's for your help.
Take care,
Derek
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2011 3:16:22 PM

OP = Original Poster

Good luck.
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2011 3:33:21 PM

go to your profile under forum option put no to receive automatic e-mail notification.from another retired
October 25, 2011 3:47:52 PM

13thmonkey said:
OP = Original Poster

Good luck.

Sorry my mistake
Derek
a b $ Windows 7
October 25, 2011 4:42:07 PM

you see, the mistake you are making here is opening the emails...

glad you got it all sorted.
!