Sign in with
Your question

Changed graphics card, cant get this to work!

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Computer
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 27, 2010 12:25:24 PM

Hello!
Ive been having some problems with my graphics card, so i got it in to a repair shop today.
But as i still want to be able to play im currently using the old graphics card i got.
But now my computer wont work... when turning on my screen it says "No signal detected" and then goes into sleep mode.
My old graphics card was a ATI HD 5770, the spare one im using is a nvidia 8000/9000 series, and it has allways worked, before, now im searching for guidande to get my computer going again!
Thanks in advance.

More about : changed graphics card work

a c 1415 U Graphics card
March 27, 2010 1:03:39 PM

Have you followed all the basic steps?
Uninstall the old card in device manager.
Shut down out with old in with new (make sure card is seated properly and power connected if req.)
Boot up on Win std. driver.
Install drivers for the new card.
March 27, 2010 1:23:04 PM

no i havent uninstalled the drivers, as i dont got the card on me right now, but is that the problem, that i got bad drivers for the card i got right now?
Related resources
a c 1415 U Graphics card
March 27, 2010 1:29:00 PM

mall said:
no i havent uninstalled the drivers, as i dont got the card on me right now, but is that the problem, that i got bad drivers for the card i got right now?

What I listed above is the basic steps when you change out graphics cards. If those are not followed the system will not recognize the hardware (GPU) This is specially bad if you are going from ATI to Geforce or the other way around since the cards want run on each others drivers.
March 27, 2010 1:30:54 PM

The machine is looking for your 5770 because you still have those drivers installed.
March 27, 2010 2:25:13 PM

ok so now i got it to work, as my brother had a similair card i used that to uninstall, but the card wont still work... but tested the card on computer afterwards, but i then said nvm, ill use the integrated card, and it seem like its a 2100 ati radeon, what drivers should i use for it? as i cant find the appropiate ones at xfxforce.com, thanks for all help tho ;) 
!