Sign in with
Your question

Ati catalyst 10.3 won't install correctly

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 27, 2010 1:41:58 PM

Every time i try to install the 10.3 suite for my 5850 i get an error from windows saying the program may not have installed correctly. I have tried running the executable as an administrator but to no avail. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance
March 27, 2010 7:24:11 PM

Are you plainly upgrading from a prvious suite or are you ininstalling the original Catalyst and installing the new one. Also did your graphics card company release its own drivers?
m
l
March 27, 2010 7:36:49 PM

Upgrading from a previous suite, no sapphire hasn't released there own yet, maybe I should just wait for those?
m
l
Related resources
March 27, 2010 7:50:44 PM

Go ahead with that manufacterers release their own drivers to work with their own hardware. I'm lucky PNY doesn't do that with my Nvida card.
m
l
March 30, 2010 9:57:19 PM

Tried out the Sapphire release, and no luck, still having the same issue
m
l
March 30, 2010 11:59:34 PM

Are you trying to install the whole suite.?? If so then try downloading the display drivers only and try installing them.. As a second method, you may uninstall the current suite (10.2 i presume) , restart and then go ahead installing the 10.3 suite freshly..
m
l
March 31, 2010 11:33:53 AM

Try the command prompt uninstall/install method. It always work. Do you know how to uninstall/install drivers @ command prompt?
m
l
March 31, 2010 1:54:08 PM

How... :o 
m
l
March 31, 2010 9:31:32 PM

Figured it out, unpacked the new driver into a folder, went to device manager and then updated the driver manually from the folder. The actual executable would not work for some reason. Any way fixed :)  thanks for the help guys.
m
l
March 31, 2010 10:00:20 PM

Here ...

Install/Un-install procedure for CCC @ command prompt environment:

Un-install ATI driver

@ Command prompt execute the following instructions

Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\Driver\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –uninstall”

This will remove the current or older ATI driver on your PC. Wait for the process to complete.

The Font will get big as the OS will revert to default VGA driver. This is expected or normal just as when installing windows for the 1st time.

Reboot your machine after the completion of the process
Install ATI driver

@ Command prompt execute the following instructions

Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista64_win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN64 for 64 bit OS
Go to C:\ATI\SUPPORT\9-REV_vista32_ win7_dd_ccc_wdm_emu\ Driver\BIN for 32 bit OS

Type the command “atisetup.exe –install – output screen”

This will install thew ATI driver on your PC. You will see DOTS on the command prompt terminal. Wait for the process to complete.

When done the ATI CCC installation log will come-up to detail the installation summary.

Reboot your machine

Configure your graphic settings when you log in.

Notes:

1) @ command prompt type ”ATIsetup.exe -?” it will give you the list options for the ATIsetup.exe installation program

2) 9-Rev is whatever revision of ATI driver you are using (i.e. 9-10).

3) Always un-install old driver before installing the new rev driver

m
l
!