Your question

Pop prob.....

Tags:
  • CPUs
  • Pentium
  • Games
Last response: in CPUs
June 28, 2010 6:44:33 PM

In my last pc i had a pentium 4...................pop triology used to work without problems............

now i bought a phenom ii 965 be and whn i play the games.................in d cntrl panel screen that comes bfore d game starts....................it says 'unknown amd cpu'.........
n d game doesnt strt...............

wat may be d prob ?????
do i need to dwnld new game patch that supports d processor ????????

More about : pop prob

June 28, 2010 7:20:00 PM

plz people...............22 hav read no 1 with an ans................???????
plz reply !!!!!!!
m
l
June 29, 2010 6:02:04 AM

42 hav read...............hav can any1 not hav an ans ?????
not evn moderators ?????!!!!!!!!!!!!
m
l
Related resources
June 29, 2010 6:14:29 AM

Well maybe they dont know the answer. Please list full build ill try and help. Could you check bios if it says unknown cpu? Could be old bios but if you give me specs ill try and help more.
m
l
June 29, 2010 8:35:16 AM

yo_yo2400 said:
Well maybe they dont know the answer. Please list full build ill try and help. Could you check bios if it says unknown cpu? Could be old bios but if you give me specs ill try and help more.

evrythin else is fine.................just the game..............those particular three pop games say "Supported CPU type : unknown AMD processor" in the detection application show window that comes before the games starts !!!!!!!

tell me how to upload pics here in a reply and show u exactly what message is shown !!!!
m
l
June 29, 2010 8:36:22 AM

by using 'Ctrl+PrtScn' function !!!!
m
l
a c 172 à CPUs
June 29, 2010 1:43:12 PM

Sounds like you need a BIOS update.

What does the "Control Panel -> System -> General" tab tell you about your CPU?
m
l
June 29, 2010 4:16:04 PM

^+1 to bios update!
m
l
June 30, 2010 6:59:16 AM

arre guys.................assassins creed detection SHOWS amd phenom ii 965 be ...................
no BIOS prob.....................!!!!!!!!!!

just the pop games which are old enough now.............i think.............need an update patch for processor support !!!!!!
m
l
July 2, 2010 7:24:49 AM

prob solved.......................it was dumb of me to strt this thread !!!!!!!!
m
l
a b à CPUs
July 2, 2010 12:41:15 PM

PoP....I owuld guess that means Prince of Persia...

Sometimes using acronyms that are not commonly used on this board can confuse folks...if you are asking for advice, it helps to spell it out to reduce the chance of confusion.

If you are having problems running a specific game, and the game is telling you it has an incompatibility with your hardware, then check to see if the game has a patch that can fix your problem.

In this case, you must have downloaded the patch and all the sudden your game works again. Have fun!
m
l
July 2, 2010 1:04:17 PM

nah.................i 1st opened launcher.............but d launch game option is disabled............so keepin it open............u open now the pop exe file.................and whoa..................game works again !!!!!!!!!!!!!

had fun
m
l
!