Sign in with
Your question

Vga problem

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 27, 2010 3:09:08 PM

my display is an LG L1753s
i unplugged my display and used CRT screen for some reason
now when i've plugged back my tft any video i play has only scratching kind of sound
what can be the problem??
plz help
thanks in advace

More about : vga problem

March 27, 2010 7:22:34 PM

What do you mean scratching sound, is it coming from the monitor?
m
l
March 27, 2010 8:32:49 PM

mister g said:
What do you mean scratching sound, is it coming from the monitor?

no not from the monitor.
like im playing an avi file then the only sound that i get in my speakers is scratching sound..the video plays fine though
m
l
Related resources
March 27, 2010 9:03:29 PM

That would mean a speaker problem not VGA, VGA is only related to the monitor. Did you do anything to teh computer besides use a different monitor for it.
m
l
March 27, 2010 9:30:26 PM

mister g said:
That would mean a speaker problem not VGA, VGA is only related to the monitor. Did you do anything to teh computer besides use a different monitor for it.

no man ididnt do any thing beside using a different monitor..i added a new PSU though
and i've tried 2 sets of speakers and its not a speaker problem coz audio files are playing fine
m
l
March 27, 2010 9:34:52 PM

If the seakers are getting a scratching sound is how is it related to how sound works when it is involved with Video? Tell me, why did you have to switch out the PSU?
m
l
March 27, 2010 9:37:14 PM

mister g said:
If the seakers are getting a scratching sound is how is it related to how sound works when it is involved with Video? Tell me, why did you have to switch out the PSU?

because im going to upgrade my gpu and i need a decent psu for it
m
l
March 27, 2010 9:41:54 PM

Does the AVI file you were playing work on your other speaker sets? Sound shouldn't be affected by switching from an LCD to a CRT and back to the LCD.
m
l
March 27, 2010 9:59:50 PM

mister g said:
Does the AVI file you were playing work on your other speaker sets? Sound shouldn't be affected by switching from an LCD to a CRT and back to the LCD.

i used to play the same file perfectly alright before this monitor switching thing
m
l
March 27, 2010 10:01:48 PM

How about after the two speaker sets? Can you list your PC specs?
m
l
March 27, 2010 10:07:35 PM

mister g said:
How about after the two speaker sets? Can you list your PC specs?

im using my philips stereo as my speakers
i also checked it on my sony headphones
pc specs
c2d e4400
asus p5gc-mx 1333 mobo
1gb ram
rradeon x550xtx
windows 7 ultimate 32-bit
m
l
March 27, 2010 10:15:46 PM

Here is the website of your mobo's manufacterer Asus, try updating all your drivers then get back to me assuming you're not wait. Can you open up device manager and tell me what shows up under audio devices?
m
l
March 27, 2010 10:27:25 PM

mister g said:
Here is the website of your mobo's manufacterer Asus, try updating all your drivers then get back to me assuming you're not wait. Can you open up device manager and tell me what shows up under audio devices?

t showz realtek high def audio in device manager
and i've already done updating my mobo drivers
m
l
March 27, 2010 10:37:53 PM

mister g said:
Can you roll back the friver and see if the previous one works? Did you download them off Asus's site?
http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=PYvbfOokwxUzJky3

yes i downloaded them from asus's site
i've also upgraded my gpu drivers n going for a reboot
lets see what happens..
m
l
March 27, 2010 10:50:31 PM

mister g said:
Can you roll back the friver and see if the previous one works? Did you download them off Asus's site?
http://www.asus.com/Product.aspx?P_ID=PYvbfOokwxUzJky3

yuppie......almost all video files have audio now..except a few .mkv files(they used to have great sound earlier)
m
l
March 27, 2010 11:05:08 PM

problem fully solved......... :-)
thanks alot mister g..really appreciate
m
l
!