Hp omni 120 1133w downgraded from windows 7 to xp, cant find wireless

tjw01093

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013
So first of all i had to make my own windows xp installation disc with sp2 on it to even install xp. okay so i had to connect it straight to my modem with an ethernet cable, and it didnt get internet that way either. i was lucky enough to find a driver on the internet somewhere for ralink ethernet and got the internet going. well after around 3 hours, no luck finding a driver for the preinstalled wireless card. i will state the specs since i am running windows 7 again and it actually has all the hardware installed correctly.

not sure where to find out what motherboard i have, but it has the amd e2 1800 processor.

wireless card is a ralink 802.11n wireless LAN card. cant find too much info for it. does anyone know if it is compatible with windows xp? i tried looking everywhere for drivers.

Solution
Most laptop XP drivers can still be had. You just have to know what your doing. But it is becoming harder and harder as the end of lifecycle date closes in for XP. The big problem tends to be those hybrid mobile GPU setups.

There likely is one for wireless chipsets. Thats tends to be pretty straight forward. Try here:

http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php

There is an XP driver listed for every chipset they manufacture. So you should be in good shape. And yes, Ralink is mediatek.

Most laptop XP drivers can still be had. You just have to know what your doing. But it is becoming harder and harder as the end of lifecycle date closes in for XP. The big problem tends to be those hybrid mobile GPU setups.

There likely is one for wireless chipsets. Thats tends to be pretty straight forward. Try here:

http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php

There is an XP driver listed for every chipset they manufacture. So you should be in good shape. And yes, Ralink is mediatek.

Solution

tjw01093

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013

more like trying to dual boot. its for software that just doesnt work on windows 7. also its an all in one desktop but then again they seem to be built like laptops.

tjw01093

Honorable
Jan 5, 2013

thanks for link. im sure one of those drivers will work.