Sign in with
Your question

Firepro v8700 & 2e monitor

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 27, 2010 3:34:14 PM

Hello,
Can someone help me? I'm having problems starting the second HP LP2250w monitor from sleep-, or slumber mode in following configuration:
Mobo: Intel Gagabyte GA-EX58-UD5 S1366
Processor: Intel Core 17 920 (266/8MB)
Graphic Card: ATI FirePro V8700 Displays: 2x HP LP2275w
Thanx in advance,
Feng Chsang

More about : firepro v8700 monitor

March 27, 2010 7:17:27 PM

Does the FirePro explicetly recongize the two displays in the Catalyst, also are the monitors both inputted with Displayport or is it DVI and Displayport?
March 28, 2010 10:51:46 PM

mister g said:
Does the FirePro explicetly recongize the two displays in the Catalyst, also are the monitors both inputted with Displayport or is it DVI and Displayport?

The FirePro recognize both displays in Catalyst and the two monitors are inputted both DVI and Displayport.

When the system works as it should there are no problems - this happens finally after a lot of connecting and disconnecting the displays from the electricity .

But... the problems occur when I disconnect the displays from the electricity after the computer went in Sleep-, or Slumber mode.

Because leaving the displays in standby mode all the time, even when the computer is not working, costs too much energie/money.

There is another point what should be mentioned. The system runs in Raid mode.

That's it. Can you help me?
Feng
March 29, 2010 1:03:39 AM

There isn't much I could recognize. Under Catalyst there is an option to force TV detect, or display detect. Have you tried upgrading the FirePro to the latest drivers also?
!