Sign in with
Your question

The Mighty SSD Battle which is the best?

Last response: in Storage
May 29, 2012 9:16:02 PM

Hello guys

i've been wondering which is the best SSD in term of performance, value prices and ALSO the new Intel Smart Response Technology
(in this case which works perfect with Intel Smart Response Technology)

the contender will be:

- Intel 520 SSD

- Corsair Force GT SSD

- Patriot Pyro SE SSD

- OCZ Agility3 SSD

i need your guys opinion because i'm going to use SSD and still didn't find which SSD fits perfectly to my needs (which is gaming and stuff)

what do you guys think about these SSD's?
which is the best and why?

thank you guys for coming dont forget to leave a comment, much appreciate

More about : mighty ssd battle

May 29, 2012 9:20:20 PM

As the owner of a Agility 3, and having seen a force 3 180 GB in action, I would say that the agility falls firmly in the "Cost effective" realm. That said it still kicks a HDD to the curb.

The force 3 is crazy fast compared to the Agility IMO, not sure how the GT compares to the Force 3 though, if it's faster that's certainly a good thing as I can sing the praises of the 3.

Intel certainly has the rep for being reliable, but as far as speed goes, even the 500 series would be only comparable and the cost much higher. The 700 and 900 series is where it really starts to cook for enthusiasts, but expect to shell out big time.

I have no input on a patriot pyro, as I have no experience with them.
m
l
Related resources
a b G Storage
May 29, 2012 10:21:49 PM

I'm using the Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 120GB. Don't know if it's on the list or not, haven't looked at the new one.
m
l
a b å Intel
a c 124 G Storage
May 29, 2012 10:27:51 PM

I just got one 330 (180GB) for my Mom (i3-2100), after install everything i check the AS SSD benchmark and i compared w/ my PC. For seq reading both my M4 128GB and 330 180gb is similar 502mb/s and 499mb/s, but the seq write 330 is higher than the M4.

when you buy the SSD just get the low price per GB SSD with good brand like intel520 and 330, crucial M4, or SAMSUNG 830.
m
l
a b å Intel
a b G Storage
May 29, 2012 10:56:20 PM

Not sure which is best but i have crucial M4 and it's fast as hell and awesome
m
l
May 29, 2012 11:15:12 PM

m4 isnt the fastest but one of the most consistent. i have mushkin chronos deluxe and its beast. it is comparable to the vertex 3 max iops, the patroit wildfire and the hyperx 3k. uses toshiba toggle nand
m
l
May 30, 2012 10:16:52 PM

I've had excellent luck installing M4's in customer computers, it's amply fast and out of the 5 or so i've installed over the past 6 months I've heard no complaints as of yet.

I would have no problems recommending the M4 (any size) to an interested party.

For others off the list I have a samsung 470 series in my bench PC and It's given me no reason to complain, but some of the hardware in it is older, so I can't give a real speed comparison.
m
l
a b G Storage
May 30, 2012 10:38:55 PM

I have used the Crucial M4, Intel 520, Intel 330 & Samsung 830s and the Intel 520 smoked all the others handedly. It's phenomenal and reliable, I have no regrets about my purchase
m
l
a b G Storage
May 30, 2012 11:02:39 PM

very happy with my intel 320 series, and when i setup a 520 for a friend, i was a little jealous!
m
l
a b å Intel
a c 283 G Storage
May 31, 2012 12:27:27 AM

Nandikaharahap - A few questions before recommendations.

What capacity ssd are you thinking of getting? 128GB or some other capacity?

What do you plan to do with Intel Smart Response Technology?

What are your favorite games?

What is your budget? Hopw much are you willing to pay for an ssd?

m
l
June 1, 2012 12:59:28 AM

JohnnyLucky said:
Nandikaharahap - A few questions before recommendations.

What capacity ssd are you thinking of getting? 128GB or some other capacity?

What do you plan to do with Intel Smart Response Technology?

What are your favorite games?

What is your budget? Hopw much are you willing to pay for an ssd?

about 200 to 300 bucks i think my fav dota 2 and battlefield 3 and i think i should use intel smart response technology so my hdd go lil bit faster for just storage i think about 90-240 gb ssd
m
l
June 1, 2012 1:01:10 AM

but i think imma go with intel 520 even though its lil bit more expensive but it should be really good right? thank you guys for coming, much appreciate
m
l
a b å Intel
a c 353 G Storage
June 1, 2012 2:17:38 AM

1) Do not base performance on ATTO Sequencial read/writes.
2) Your Not going to see a big difference inload times (your games) between the better SSDs. Normal programs opening difference is meaningless. as You can mot do anything in the millisecs difference in time.
3) I would not class the agility III with the better SATA III SSDs. It's really a Sata II performer, dressed as a SATA III SSD.
4) I have two Curcial 128 gig M4's, Two 128 gig samsung 830's, and 2 120 gig Agillity III's. No real life diff between the M4 and 830. The agillity IIIs, one is still in my system as a storage drive, and Just today installed the other one in my wife's system on a SATA II port. - While it's a poor excuse for a SATA III SSD, it SURE beats her old HDD.

5) Go for reliability and least neg feed back, not synthetic Benchmarks. If you want to look at benchmarks look for PCMark Vantage which uses real programs for it's benchmark.
6) shy away from SATA III SSDs that use the Sandforce controller, as their Benchmark score using ATTO are way out of line.

While I dislike the Company OCZ, the Vertex 4 looks good and they are coming out with a Agillity 4 (based on the vertex 4).
m
l
June 2, 2012 2:37:10 AM

RetiredChief said:
1) Do not base performance on ATTO Sequencial read/writes.
2) Your Not going to see a big difference inload times (your games) between the better SSDs. Normal programs opening difference is meaningless. as You can mot do anything in the millisecs difference in time.
3) I would not class the agility III with the better SATA III SSDs. It's really a Sata II performer, dressed as a SATA III SSD.
4) I have two Curcial 128 gig M4's, Two 128 gig samsung 830's, and 2 120 gig Agillity III's. No real life diff between the M4 and 830. The agillity IIIs, one is still in my system as a storage drive, and Just today installed the other one in my wife's system on a SATA II port. - While it's a poor excuse for a SATA III SSD, it SURE beats her old HDD.

5) Go for reliability and least neg feed back, not synthetic Benchmarks. If you want to look at benchmarks look for PCMark Vantage which uses real programs for it's benchmark.
6) shy away from SATA III SSDs that use the Sandforce controller, as their Benchmark score using ATTO are way out of line.

While I dislike the Company OCZ, the Vertex 4 looks good and they are coming out with a Agillity 4 (based on the vertex 4).

thanks man but i think i've already found my choices :D 
m
l
a b å Intel
a b G Storage
July 15, 2012 11:57:45 PM

Intel 520 does not smoke all other SSD it's also overpriced IMO
m
l
July 16, 2012 12:06:22 AM

a Plextor M3 PRO is near the top performer now. it uses both a marvel controller (consistency and reliability) and toggle nand (best consumer NAND avaliable) just that the plextor m3 pro costs a ton of cash
m
l
!