5850 Catalyst 10.3 Problem

zach538467

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Ok guys and gals, I'm at an end, and my google-fu seems to be off today. Last week sometime I updated to try out the 10.3a beta drivers. It worked fine, and I didn't think much of it. I was busy at work this week, so the only time I fired up the desktop was to watch a video on the bigscreen lcd. When I did so, it had a portion of the screen all along the edges that had no picture. Black bars like it was not scaling properly. This wasn't a movie, just a video so I ignored it. So I fire it up this morning on my LG lcd, same story, about 3/4 inch all along the edge. I can't fix it. I've uninstalled and reinstalled 10.2 all the way to the new 10.3 drivers and messed with all the settings I normally would. I feel like its probably something small/stupid I'm missing, but I can't breakthrough! Anybody got any ideas or know why this is happening? System specs are in my profile. Sorry about the crappy pictures:)

zach538467

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
Ok, It's an LG W2361VG-PF. I also have an old Acer 19" hooked up with the DVI, but I unplugged it trying to get the LG to work. Bigscreen was plugged in to the same hdmi port. When I roll back the drivers, the opposite happens, a small part of the screen is cut off because the picture is too large. Any ideas?

Here are sys specs from my profile:
Core i7 920 @ 3.5
Intel DX58SO MB
XFX Radeon 5850 1GB
6GB DDR3 OCZ Gold 1600mHz
Scythe Mugen 2 CPU Heatsink
Antec 900 Case
Corsair TX750 PSU