Geforce 480 gtx availibility

G

I ended up preordering mine on amazon yesterday morning.

My question is, do you guys think they are going to be hard to get... I mean, the batch coming in on April 12th isn't going to be enough, and this whole thing is going to be as hard as getting a nintendo wii?

My concern is that I got mine from amazon. If I see a preorder open up at newegg or such, I would probably go with them (for the EVGA superclocked) but I'm not sure if I'm just going to be digging myself deeper in the preorder lines.

AsAnAtheist

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2009

LOL 10,000 cards? Wow thats low. Anyways where did you get that number from anyways,

Also the card you recommended is a facepalm. That is a HD 5870 LCS meaing it's to plug into a water cooling loops and SHOULD never be used by it self. Unless you want a fried HD 5870. The true cost for that card is in the range of $750-$1000 once you include the mandatory water cooling loop or loops.

The recommended retail value for the card is $499 for the GTX 480. Since it is probable that the cards will come in low numbers, it is VERY likely they're real retail cost will exceed $499, as the demand will over take the supply. Therefore vendors could easily jack up prices and still get them sold out.

Anyways there are better alternatives with the refresh of HD 5800 series cards. Presumably we have see a line of 1 ghz HD 5870's, and maybe HD 5850's. Or at least card's which can reach such overclocks. With such over clocks, it even trumphs the GTX 480.