Sign in with
Your question

Drivers wanted for HP Compaq DVD

Last response: in Windows XP
January 5, 2013 9:59:17 AM

Hi all Hope you all had a Wonderful Christmas and new year

Just before Christmas I purchessed a HP Compaq PC running Windows XP but have since found that the drivers for the DVD burner have not been installed "model GSA-H31L(A2CH)" dose any one know where I can download this driver and or a driver to suit.

Dose the driver have to be specific to HP

many thanks
January 5, 2013 11:21:19 AM

I have not encountered any Optical drive that needs separate driver to work, it will work directly on XP. How did you determined that the Driver is not installed?
m
l
January 6, 2013 6:27:00 AM

when I insert a blank disc (DVD) and go into my computer, and right click on the drive, and go into properties it shows that the disc is full, there is no format function available, and when I double left click on the drive it comes up with drive unavailable, Any Ideas on whats going on I assumed it was that the drivers for the drive was not installed
m
l
Related resources
January 6, 2013 9:26:46 PM

The DVD drive showing on My computer means it is already installed.
XP do not support DVD writing directly, but it supports CD burning directly.

What you need is a cd/dvd burner software.
You can use CD Burner XP, its free --> http://www.majorgeeks.com/CDBurnerXP_d4242.html
m
l
January 7, 2013 7:12:32 AM

I have downloaded the above burner progam as well as An other couple (Express burn, and Free easy burner) but when I insert a blank DVD-RW disk and attempt to open the drive I get the message "D:\ is not accessible incorrect function" Any Ideas??
Also to burn dual layer discs do I need a special dual burner drive ??
m
l
January 7, 2013 10:49:02 AM

YES! YES! finally my DVD drive is burning and formatting discs, many many thanks to all,
Just a short note one of the problems was I did not have a program called "IN CD" :bounce: 

m
l
!