Closed Solved

Setting up iTunes media

Hello,
Hey guys hopefully someone here can shed some light on my problem.

So I have an ssd as my boot drive along with some frequently used games (cough diablo3 cough). I downloaded my entire music collection, a measely 6gb but now I cannot get itunes to pull the music from my hdd. Whenever I reinstall itunes I can get it to install to my hdd but it puts the itunes library onto the music folder which is tied directly to my ssd.

I have tried going into preferences and setting it to pull the music from the folder on my hdd but nothing happens. I have then tried going into organize library but again nothing. Finally I tried opening itunes with shift held and choosing a library but again the library link I need is placed into the general music folder. Any help is greatly appreciated.
11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about setting itunes media
  1. Go here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1589

Footnote: Thank God I don't have to use iTunes as I don't own any Apple devices.
    Don't get me wrong, Apple devices are generally brilliant judging from those I've used belonging to family members, but their iTunes is a mess -- my daughter is always having problems with it.
  2. Unfortunately I have tried doing that as well. When I do it only allows me to select an itunes library file which I have no idea how to properly set up. I have an itunes library file but it is not in the correct place.
  3. Best answer
    See if this works:

1.) Uninstall iTunes
    2.) Reboot pc. Install iTunes to your C: drive.
    3.) Do not let iTunes automatically find your music, just complete the installation and end up with a empty library.
    4.) Close iTunes, which will save your settings.
    5.) Open iTunes, go to File-->Add Folder to Library…
    6.) Select the folder on your HDD that contains your music.
  4. Best answer selected by mbossi19.
  5. Dereck, while that did work, I closed itunes and when I reopened it, i again had no music, it seems as though I may have to do this everytime...
  6. That's weird. You shouldn't have to do that every time. What version of Windows do you have?
  7. Windows 7
  8. scratch that, I just closed it an reopened it and it appears to work. Not sure what happened the first time. Oh well, also do you have any idea if there is a tool in itunes that allows duplicate songs to be removed? I thought there was but I cannot remember.
  9. Go to Help-->iTunes Help
    Type "Duplicate" in the search box. It will show you two ways to find duplicate items.
  10. thanks that worked perfectly
  11. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives iTunes Music Storage