New PC components help

vatbrew

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I'm going to have cyberpower build me a new pc. It will be a world of warcraft/web browsing pc. I'd like to add a SSD drive to it. My question is, What is the best way to maximize the SSD? Should I install just WoW on it to make it load faster, or should I just put WIN7 on it?

Save the money you would be paying cyberpower to build it, Troll on here for a bit, source the parts you want (you'll have more budget to play with on account of not paying someone else to do it) take a deep breath, and build it yourself, I built myself a reasonable WoW machine a month or two back, I'd never built a pc b4 in my life and now I have, and I'm very glad I did.
http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/forum2.php?config=tomshardwareuk.inc&cat=13&post=279226&page=1&p=1&sondage=0&owntopic=1&trash=0&trash_post=0&print=0&numreponse=0&quote_only=0&new=0&nojs=0
thats my effort, and I seriously recommend you do a similar thing, the satisfaction alone from building it yourself is a great feeling, so quick shortlist for you.

1. figure out your budget and allow £50/$50 headroom,
2. find a semi-decent Motherboard/cpu combo http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboBundleDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.361143 found for 135 dollars ish, reasonable am2+ board, Black edit processor and some free ram to kickstart the build.
3. do the same for a case and psu, or rescue old stuff you already have, not with the psu tho, I'd recommend a new one of those.
Graphics ofc, its up to you what you spend, but I'd do some research and get the best you can afford if its for WoW.
you can always put more ram in as you go along, but 2gb will at least get you running for now
you seem set on an ssd drive? no exp myself but I'd partition the drive and have WoW on a seperate partition, allow 50Gb cause Cataclysms not far away now :p
and ofc whatever Os you are planning on using,you can use a 32bit system fine but it wont hurt to go for a 64bit if you can afford it, plus a 64bit will be able to use any extra ram you buy, 32bit only sees 3.2 ish gb. hope this helps man, like I say new myself so if nothing else take heart it can be done yourself and have fun :)

vatbrew

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
I'd been contemplating building it myself. I actually priced the parts out and 3/4 of the parts are cheaper on ebay merchants. My budget is around $1300 right now.

isharted

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009
wow, these replies had absolutely nothing to do with the OP request. This forum section is specifically for cyberpower questions, so why not help the person out here, instead of the usual "build it yourself" reply. Not everyone wants to build there own!

Why not?

And head over to the other noobs in prebuilt, get out of our fourm!
:hello:

Unless I missed something, this isn't your forum. You've had a few warning sanctions in the past, so you better learn some manners or you'll be out of 'our forum.'

Sorry.

But don"t ingore the advice of everybody in the fourm.

And it's posted in the wrong fourm.

That's where the admins put it. Cyberpower probably does fit better in the systems section, but you can't fault the OP for posting the question in the cyberpower sub-section.

There is a planned layout change coming. It looks like in the new layout, the homebuilt and systems sections are going to be merged, and categorized as 'systems.' (assuming nothing changes with the draft).