Connect tiny laptop with xbox

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
September 20, 2004 9:41:17 AM

Hi All,

I have a tiny laptop, Mediabook 3200 AMD 64, 1Gb ram, 72 Gb hard
drive, Mobile Radeon 9600 128Mb, xp home and a xbox, but no telly as
a: there seems never anything interesting on and b: I don't agree with
paying £116.00 per year for the licence.

I was wondering how would I go about in connecting the xbox to my
laptop, so that I could play the xbox games on the laptop.

Kind regards,

Jack
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 20, 2004 12:52:55 PM

schneki wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have a tiny laptop, Mediabook 3200 AMD 64, 1Gb ram, 72 Gb hard
> drive, Mobile Radeon 9600 128Mb, xp home and a xbox, but no telly as
> a: there seems never anything interesting on and b: I don't agree with
> paying £116.00 per year for the licence.
>
> I was wondering how would I go about in connecting the xbox to my
> laptop, so that I could play the xbox games on the laptop.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jack

AFIK, what you want to do is impossible with XBox. The best you might
do is display the audio/video output on the LCD through an external A/V
video interface, if the laptop has it. Playing with the laptop keyboard
is not possible and interfacing the game controller via the laptop is
likewise not possible. (This excludes hacking the box).

There is a separate, small LCD screen interface, that will display the
XBox A/V. I cannot recall the name, but it is about the same size as
the XBox with a 4 inch (10 cm) screen.

September 20, 2004 5:35:41 PM

You have to pay a license to own a television???

Now, if you have a video in port on your laptop, then you just hook it up
there. If you don't, then you would need something like what is used to
record video onto your laptop. You can get some devices that hook upto your
USB port, and allow you to record video. That would then as a result allow
you to view video on your laptop.

Once again, a "License" to own a laptop??

"schneki" <schneki1@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> I have a tiny laptop, Mediabook 3200 AMD 64, 1Gb ram, 72 Gb hard
> drive, Mobile Radeon 9600 128Mb, xp home and a xbox, but no telly as
> a: there seems never anything interesting on and b: I don't agree with
> paying £116.00 per year for the licence.
>
> I was wondering how would I go about in connecting the xbox to my
> laptop, so that I could play the xbox games on the laptop.
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Jack
a b D Laptop
September 20, 2004 5:35:42 PM

> You have to pay a license to own a television???

In the UK, television receivers (and I think radios also; certainly in
the 1960s you needed a radio license) have an annual license fee. This
fee funds the BBC's production of public programming. They have, or
had, detector vans driving around listening for the LOs of unlicensed
TV sets and issuing fines.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 20, 2004 6:51:31 PM

"Excalibur" <imnot@home.com> wrote in message news:<1095687340.930865@news>...
> You have to pay a license to own a television???
>
> Now, if you have a video in port on your laptop, then you just hook it up
> there. If you don't, then you would need something like what is used to
> record video onto your laptop. You can get some devices that hook upto your
> USB port, and allow you to record video. That would then as a result allow
> you to view video on your laptop.
>
> Once again, a "License" to own a laptop??

No not a license to own a laptop, but if anybody in the UK has a
telly, they have to pay a telly license, regardless if it's used for
watching movies/news/dvd's/videos/or just playng games.
Those who choose not to pay sometimes get caught out.

Take care,

Jack

PS: Cheers for the tip above.
!