• Games
  • ATI
  • Nvidia
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 27, 2010 7:18:00 PM

my game I want to play says I have to have the minimum graphic card of NVIDIA GeForce2 Ultra. I have ATI Mobility Radeon. What does that mean and to play the game, do I need to do anything? thanks

More about : ati mobility radeon nvidia geforce2 ultra

a c 1429 U Graphics card
a c 165 Î Nvidia
March 27, 2010 7:20:40 PM

Which version of ATI mobility Radeon?
m
l
Related resources
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 27, 2010 7:34:47 PM

Quote:
my game I want to play says I have to have the minimum graphic card of NVIDIA GeForce2 Ultra. I have ATI Mobility Radeon. What does that mean and to play the game, do I need to do anything? thanks

actually I can technically play the game. It just runs very slow and the graphics don't work. Then it causes the computer to shut down. I am trying to install some driver updates right now to see if that will help. Also, I'm not sure what I have. All it says is ATI MOBILITY RADEON. Where should I look to get more specific?
m
l
a c 1429 U Graphics card
a c 165 Î Nvidia
March 27, 2010 7:47:55 PM

It should be listed in device manager.
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 27, 2010 7:56:26 PM

rolli59 said:
It should be listed in device manager.

Idk what kind of information you want to know but it says in the device manager ATI Radeon Mobility (DELL) driver provider microsoft driver date 7/2/2001 driver version 5.1.2001.0

What can you tell me about that?
m
l
a c 1429 U Graphics card
a c 165 Î Nvidia
March 27, 2010 7:59:29 PM

It should be listed under display adapters. But if you tell us which version of Dell this is we can find out on their site.
m
l
a c 236 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 27, 2010 8:04:00 PM

Quote:
actually I can technically play the game. It just runs very slow and the graphics don't work. Then it causes the computer to shut down. I am trying to install some driver updates right now to see if that will help. Also, I'm not sure what I have. All it says is ATI MOBILITY RADEON. Where should I look to get more specific?

what game is it?
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 27, 2010 8:04:05 PM

rolli59 said:
It should be listed under display adapters. But if you tell us which version of Dell this is we can find out on their site.

That's where I'm looking. That is all the information it gives me. Sorry. I know my computer is old. Maybe I just can't play this game on it...
m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 27, 2010 8:05:37 PM

ct1615 said:
what game is it?

Rome: Total War and Rome: Total War Barbarian Invasion. I've played it on other computers. This computer might not be able to play it I guess.
m
l
a c 236 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 27, 2010 8:10:01 PM

i tried playing it on laptop with a ATI MOBILITY Radeon Xpress 200m, it was a slide show and I'm pretty sure you have the same GPU

I would recommend Civ III and Medieval: Total War as games that are similar and should play on your laptop.

m
l
Anonymous
a b U Graphics card
March 27, 2010 8:13:00 PM

ct1615 said:
i tried playing it on laptop with a ATI MOBILITY Radeon Xpress 200m, it was a slide show and I'm pretty sure you have the same GPU

I would recommend Civ III and Medieval: Total War as games that are similar and should play on your laptop.

Well thanks. I have played both before and I actually still own Medieval still. I was interested in just going back and playing Rome games again but it's okay. Thanks both of you for your help. I need to get a new computer I know. A newer, updated version.
m
l
a c 1429 U Graphics card
a c 165 Î Nvidia
March 27, 2010 8:13:39 PM

According to this list geforce 2 Ultra is on the third tier from the bottom if I remember correctly I bought a gf2 TI in 2001 so the computer has to be really old not to be better than Geforce2 http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-graphics-card,... but then again I saw some laptops on sale around 2004 that still had mobility radeon 7000 which is even further down the list.
m
l
!