Sign in with
Your question

GTX 295 Owners HELP!

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 27, 2010 9:33:57 PM

So I think my gtx 295 is crapping out because of the bad driver that Nvidia put out, while the driver was in use for about 2 or 3 weeks the card was idling at 80C, and unfortunately I didn't see any of the temps directly after a gaming but they must have been really high. The problem is where I used to be able to run Dragon Age at very high, my comp now it runs the game at 15 fps on medium settings. In addition my windows experience graphics score went from 7.9 (beofre problems) to 5.2 but now it is up to 7.2. Unfortunatley I don't have any 3d mark scores from before the problems occurred to compare. So here is my main question could any of you guys tell me what your 3d mark vantage scores are with just the gpu tests with the gtx 295 set to default settings just so I have a ball park figure to compare against. I just ran it and my score was 3861 :(  . Any input is greatly appreciated.

Here is my basic setup:

EVGA GTX 295
Monitor resolution 1920 x 1080
EVGA X58 mobo (EVGA E758-A1)
6 GB RAM
Intel i7 920 (factory clock speeds)

More about : gtx 295 owners

March 27, 2010 9:37:49 PM

Not sure if this helps but are you using EVGA's drivers? EVGA have yet to release theor own version of Nvidia's current drivers, which fixed teh fan problem.
m
l
March 28, 2010 4:28:44 AM

No I am running the version that was put, before the faulty one. I am almost sure the card is borked, on the 3d mark website it said that the card they had scored 19,000 compared to my 3,861
m
l
!