Graphic cards with 300watt req

dissapointedgamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
Hello,
i have an hp 6210y , the pepple at best buys said i cant really get much better card because my mother board will fry if i increase the powersupply , i called hp and they pretty much said the same thing but told me i should get 2 pci exp x1 cards instead.... any suggestions? im ready to throw this hp out my window....

You can replace the power supply, end of story. If you have a PCI-e x16 slot you can install HD4670 or HD5570 with out changing the PSU, maybe even HD5670. These are all low power cards that do not need external connection directly from the PSU but get their power from the slot.

If someone ever tells you a better PSU will fry your motherboard ask to speak to someone who actually has a clue, or better yet ask for their supervisor and let them know that the person either isn't qualified for their job or is lying to costumers.
The suggestion of 2 PCIEx1 cards instead is almost outlandishly bad advice BTW.

dissapointedgamer

Distinguished
Mar 27, 2010
lol to funny thats what the pros at hp and best buys told me.... ok 1 more question,theres a lot of different 5670s out there how do i know which one to get , theres a 2.0 and a 2.1 pci and 512 - 1g i compaired 5 of the cards , some did say needs 400 watt supply , some were blank , n there were other different things??

Well you expect that kind of thing from Best Buy but that some HP confirmed it then suggested 2 PCIEx1 cards instead is just mind boggling.