MB and HD advice for Video Editing Setup...

Tat

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
So, I'm investing in a new setup which will primarily be used for work and secondarily for gaming.
The most demaning work will be HD video editing and encoding, so I've opted for the Phenom II X6 1090T BE CPU and a light to moderate OC.

GPU will likely be HIS HD 5770 ICEQ TURBO or something within that pricerange, while I'm hoping the new Coolermaster HAF X is out when I buy this (14th of July) and I haven't quite decided whether to go with the Coolermaster Hyper 212 Plus (tried and proven cooling power), a Thermaltake SpinQ VT (looks nice) or something else . . .

I'm thinking 4GB G-Skill RAM at a sufficient speed for whichever MB I end up with - possibly 6GB, if I opt for Windows 7 64bit, as opposed to 32bit...

My question here is primarily, which motherboard would you chooce?
I got my eyes set on one of these three, leaning towards ASUS, mostly because of the brand, even though I know ASrock is also produced by Asus (right?):
ASRock 890FX Deluxe3 2+xUSB3 5000thb+
ASUS M4A89GTD-PRO/USB3 2xUSB3 5650thb
ASRock 890GX Extreme3 2xUSB3 4250thb

Furthermore, I've been looking at these two Hard Disk options:

Western Digital Caviar Black WD2001FASS 2000GB 6590THB

2x WD Caviar Black 1TB FAEX 64MB SATA III in RAID 0 2x3250THB

Any and all advice or observations on MB, HD, Cooler or even something else I may have overlooked, is very welcome :)

Oh, and I've no idea what Power supply to get, except I need one that can accomodate a possible upgrade to a new GPU or another GPU, to run crossfire...
The monitors will be two or three 23 inch Samsung LCD screens...

Cheers...

If you're using a program that can utilise more the eight threads the Core i7 offers, you'd be better off with that. Otherwise, just buy the Phenom II X6 1055T, it's cheaper and is only slightly slower. Go for 8 GB of RAM if you're doing professional HD editing. The Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus is good. As for the motherboard, the ASRock 890FX Deluxe 3 would be your best bet, I'd personally go for the ASRock 870 Extreme 3 if it's available in Thailand.

If it's available, go for dual SAMSUNG Spinpoint F3 1TBs instead of those WD Caviar Blacks. As for your power supply, a 600W should be adequate. I really recommend the HD 5850 if you can afford it over the HD 5770, and if so, buy a 700W PSU instead, so you can CrossFireX later on if needed.