System Restore turned off, need to fix "last" install/repair

Hope someone can help me on this. I am running XP Home edition, hard drive is
sectioned in "C", "D", and "E". Tried to fix by reinstalling/repairing from
CD, but that process took out everything But a blank windows page.?? Need to
have files from "other" partition moved to new one; "C", and do away with the
other partitions. System Restore was Not turned on at the time. Any and All
help is Most Appreciated.

Thank you Much,

Leslie
1 answer Last reply
More about system restore turned last install repair

    The only thing I can suggest is a format and clean install on the drive.
    when formatting, make it all one partition.

    "Professional lawn care" <Professionallawncare@discussions.microsoft.com>
    wrote in message news:9564CC7E-EBC1-4112-91E9-78B2CEADCF0B@microsoft.com...
    > Hope someone can help me on this. I am running XP Home edition, hard drive
    > is
    > sectioned in "C", "D", and "E". Tried to fix by reinstalling/repairing
    > from
    > CD, but that process took out everything But a blank windows page.?? Need
    > have files from "other" partition moved to new one; "C", and do away with
    > the
    > other partitions. System Restore was Not turned on at the time. Any and
    > All
    > help is Most Appreciated.
    >
    > Thank you Much,
    >
    > Leslie