Sign in with
Your question
Solved

New build won't power up

Last response: in Systems
April 21, 2010 7:43:37 PM

Hi all,

I recently finished a new build, went to power it up, and nothing. The board is getting power (green power light is on), I have both the 24 pin and 4 pin attached to power the board as well. Trying to keep it as bare bones as possible, I just have the CPU & CPU fan, one ram module, and the video card attached. Still, none of the fans or anything even attempt to power up. I have also reconnected the system panel and reseated the CPU in attempts to fix the problem. I don't have vast components to switch out to test different components, as my last build was nearly four years ago. If anyone has an idea of something I could try, or has experienced a similar problem to this and found a solution, your help would be greatly appreciated. I have considered it might be the motherboard itself or the PSU, and if that is the case, I would like to get those RMA'd as soon as possible.

Components:
AMD 965 Black
m4a77td Asus motherboard
GTX 470
8GB G Skill RAM
9500a Zalman's CPU cooler

Again thanks for any help you may have.
Mav

More about : build power

Best solution

April 21, 2010 8:19:15 PM

This type of problem is so common we have a sticky dedicated to troubleshooting it. You've performed a few of the steps in the checklist, but not all of them. Please perform EVERY step in the PERFORM THESE STEPS before posting about boot/no video problems! sticky and let us know how it goes.

It would also help us to know the model number of your PSU.
May 4, 2010 4:05:49 PM

Thank you for the reply. I just got back from vacation, and I had the 6 pin pci cable hooked in instead the of the 8-pin. I can't believe I missed that, but thanks for the reminder of some of the basics.
m
l
May 4, 2010 4:06:02 PM

Best answer selected by maverick80123.
m
l
!